“Very mixed review but not really Aguas Salinas fault, it is Travel Republic's fault!!!!!”
Review of Aguas Salinas

Aguas Salinas
manchester
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Every year around the first weekend of December my family and I (10 of us ages from 3 to 55) have a long weekend away in somewhere in Europe; usually Spain, the Balearics or the Canaries. I spend weeks researching the hotels in the chosen resort to make sure the hotel will have lots of OPEN facilities, something for everyone! As there are ten of us, ages ranging from 3 to 55 we always want a variety of facilities such as a heated indoor pool for those cooler days, as well as an out door one, beauty treatments, massage treatments, spa facilities and we always like to be as close as possible to the sea and beach for long family walks!!
In October 2013 we decided to go to Murcia for our annual December trip and, after much research checking lots of hotels and their facilities, I booked 3 large apartments in the Aguas Salinas Aparthotel through Travel Republic. It stated on Travel Republic's website that Aguas Salinas had both indoor and outdoor pools, beauty and massage treatments, spa facilities, agua therapeutic treatments etc etc. To be fair, when we arrived all these facilities did actually exist.....but were CLOSED and had been since the end of October when the hotel management had informed Travel Republic. Travel Republic were informed ALL facilities were CLOSED (even the indoor & outdoor pools) before I booked but they did not pass that information on to me when I was booking. I would NOT have chosen & booked a hotel with absolutely no facilities for a long weekend. The Hotel Manager Adrian was most apologetic at the complete lack of facilities and showed us the information sent to all hotel booking agencies telling of the closure of ALL facilities in October 2013. When we contacted Travel Republic upon our arrival, we were informed there was nothing they could do until the following Monday morning when a manager was back in the office. I explained we were leaving on Monday, that was too late for us, we needed help now! Adrian the hotel manager also spoke to the TR representative to tell the TR Representative that apart from the rooms the hotel was completely closed, with no open facilities at all including the pools which were locked up! A TR representative promised to call us back shortly.......yes, that's right......no one did!! We tried to contact TR again but the office was closed. We rang first thing next morning to be told again there was nothing anyone could do. We then spent hours trying to move to another hotel with open facilities, Adrian was really helpful. We moved to another hotel which had fabulous OPEN facilities but that was miles inland.
So in fairness to the Aguas Salinas, it did look good if all the facilities were open and it wasn't the Aguas Salinas fault we booked, I firmly blame Travel Republic for not passing on the information sent to them by the hotel management!
Since coming home I have emailed 5 times and rang 4 times, speaking to various people who promise to get back to me but don't obviously! The customer service department emailed me to say they are only the agent and it is not their fault. I emailed back to say I would not have booked the hotel if TR had put the correct information on their website as they did have this information at the time of my booking. A day later TR emailed me to 'advise me that all facilities in Aguas Salinas were closed' As I pointed out in my return email, this was sent to me 6 weeks after I booked it, 2 weeks after we arrived at the hotel and 1 week after we arrived home!
Even today (8th Jan 2014) TR continue to advertise the Aguas Salinas as having all these wonderful open facilities when they are all closed! TR continues to deny any responsibility and hide behind the cloak of 'we are just the agents, it's not our fault' when they had been notified in October all facilities were closed!

Room Tip: do not use Travel Republic!!!