“A much needed break.”

Hotel Traina
Dublin, Ireland
“A much needed break.”
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I came back to San Pedro for a short break and stayed at the Traina for three nights. This hotel has a lot going for it . Local airport plenty of busses passing by front door and nice beach close by. The hotel it self is a clean and pleasant spot, friendly staff and quite affordable. I had 3 nights here for what I paid for one night in Dublin. As usual I had my bike from Bay Bike Hire down the road and again like the hotel they were most helpfull. It's this kind of service that brings people back to this town and long may it last. I'm back in Sep for the big holiday (5 weeks ) can't wait. TomC

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Tom C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We arrived late at night and the staff were more than happy to serve us dinner even though the restaurant was closed. The staff were all friendly with big smiles on their faces. The hotel was clean and the rooms were clean and functional. The only minus was the location of the hotel but that is nothing to do with its quality. The swimming pool and the terrace looked good on the roof although we didn't use them.

Room Tip: The room we had was on the main road and was noisy if you want to leave the window open. Don't k...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Livingston, Scotland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I booked a long weekend at Hotel Traina to use as a base to look at towns on the Costa Blanca with the view to buying a holiday home within the next couple of years. I chose the hotel because it's very close to Murcia San Javier airport, good reviews, and I got a really good deal. I got a taxi from Murcia San Javier and it came to nearly 17euros - I gave the driver 20.

I introduced myself on arrival and the gentleman at reception seemed to expect me and very quickly checked me in. He was very polite and friendly as were all the reception staff I later met over the next four days.

I had specified a twin-room as I was also using the trip as a treat for my mum and this had been organised. The room was very nice and modern and spotlessly clean - as was the ensuite bathroom. The beds were very comfortable, the TV had BBC 1 and BBC 2, it had a fridge/mini-bar with two small complimentary bottles of water, and the air-conditioning worked fine. Our room was at the front of the hotel above a busy street so it didn't have a balcony; however it did have a "french balcony" that allowed for plenty of fresh air and a view over the town towards the sea. With the doors closed at night there was no significant road noise. In fact, it was the quietest hotel I have ever stayed at with no rowdy tourist guests, no drunks, hen or stag nights, or guests scraping chairs across floors etc. Next time I will try and get a room with a proper balcony or terrace though. Being a bloke, it was fine for me that the bath/shower had a dispenser of shower gel, but there was a basket of other toiletries - soap, gel, shampoo, toothbrushes, and shower-cap for those who desire such things. The towels were all spotless and could be changed daily if desired. Oh. There is also a free safe in the room - it operates by inserting the room card.

The reception team are not able to arrange car hire for you (as I had thought seeing an older Tripadvisor review), but they did offer to help me check websites for the best deals. Instead, I just got them to get me a taxi to the airport and I arranged car hire there. This time it cost only 13 euros to get to the airport.

The hotel has a nice cafe/bar where I had a couple of nice cold beers along with some pizza. It also has a restaurant. I only sampled dinner on the Saturday night and it was just okay and the food wasn't hot enough. But there was plenty of choice (fish, shellfish, pork, lamb and beef dishes, plus salads, cold meat and fruit) even if it would suit southern Europeans more than it would those from the UK. Personally, I have very varied tastes and I love Spanish food. A three course dinner (without wine) costs approximately 13 euros.

There is also an excellent bar on the roof top and it's a great place to have a nice beer and enjoy the sun. It's also very quiet - we were the only guests there early Saturday evening. The views are also great from here!

In summary, this is a very good hotel and I would not hesitate to book here again or to recommend it to anyone else reading this. It's very cheap and convenient for the airport, it's very quiet, very clean, and has good and friendly staff. Is it a four star? I would argue that it is; but if it wants to remove any questions over that rating it needs only improve the food in the restaurant. Everything else was excellent!

Room Tip: I would ask for a balcony room at the time of booking. On arrival, if you ask, you can get a room w...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nessy
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was our 5th time at the Traina only to find that there had been a management change since our last visit. However, the hotel was still spotlessly clean throughout and the staff were as friendly as ever. The staff and management on reception were fantastic, they couldn't do enough for us, they even went out of their way to arranged an extra night stay at the Hotel for us even though it was Fiesta weekend and they were full, however, there was a late cancellation and they let us have first refusal and keep the same room. We cannot praise this hotel or staff enough they are fantastic.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor to the rear are very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

This hotel is clean and well appointed and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anybody!
The staff are superb. Even the cleaning staff stop for a chat and made a huge fuss of my daughter. The reception staff could have been more friendly and helpful.
There is a children's room with a bouncy castle (although the motor is rather noisy)
On the roof there is a terrace bar and small pool.
It has a fun holiday vibe.
Ideal for families.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We moved from a hotel just down the road (beachfront) to Traiña a didn't regret it even though we had to walk a bit to get to the beach. We arrived early but the friendly receptionists arranged for us to get the room just after checkin. We paid for private parking and it was worth the extra money as they had a garage in the basement.

The room was spacious and well equipped, with a good bed and a well equipped bathroom. The aircondition was good and the wifi worked fine from the room, they even had routers in the corridor at every floor. There was a small minibar with possibility to cool drinks and water.

The breakfast served in the restaurant had two choices, buffet which included hot food and a cheaper one with the same selection except for the hot food. There was a wide selection of everything and also fruits. The staff, young girls, serving coffe for breakfast were quite grumpy.

The roof terrace is worth a visit as you get a marvellous view over the city and surroundings. There is also a sun terrace with a pool which we didn't try out. There are several restaurants nearby and a 10 minutes walk down to the beach. All in all we really enjoyed our two nights at the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ekbno
Dorchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2013

On arrival reception were not friendly or welcoming. Room was fine but no toiletries in bathroom just one soap dispenser in shower. As the Hotel offered only Buffet Dinner we walked to beach area to check on Restaurants, very disappointed with area altogether, bit run down. So opted for Hotel, in reception a big sign with Michelin and the offer of a comp bottle of wine with dinner, on checking with receptionist he insisted sign was not in date? No comp drinks available! Off to Restaurant anyway, checked what on offer and a very good selection of hot and cold starters, mains and sweets an excellent buffet in fact. So off to find table and first thing we were offered was Complimentary Bottle of Wine!? The one really good thing was roof terrace, to sit with a drink with lovely views and nice breeze. There is also a small swimming pool on roof. We have stayed in a few 4 stars and this Hotel does not come close.

Room Tip: Room was adequate just no toiletries etc
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alan5iron
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Pedro del Pinatar
Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapia
Hotel Lodomar Spa & Talasoterapi...
#4 of 6 in San Pedro del Pinatar
Hotel Costa Narejos
Hotel Costa Narejos
#2 of 7 in Los Alcazares
Senator Mar Menor Golf & Spa Resort

Been to Hotel Traina? Share your experiences!