“Trust the chef, sit back and wait to be very nicely surprised” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Villa Zuid Oost

Villa Zuid Oost
Ranked #14 of 22 Restaurants in Driebergen
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Trust the chef, sit back and wait to be very nicely surprised”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013

I am learning that doing business with a company in Driebergen is a good plan, especially so if the owner loves eating out in logos restaurants. This was my second visit to Zuid Oost and I hope it will not be my last.

The name, 'South East' is supposed to suggest the combination of kitchens, as they have two menus, Italian and Asian.

On this occasion the owner was present. When he greeted us we could not make our minds up what to choose, so he brought the chef out to meet us, who promptly suggested we leave it to him to serve up some Asian surprises, and off he went with a spring in his step and a smile on his face.

Boy oh boy what a good decision. Seafood themed, he served up delicately spiced and deliciously flavored shrimp, squid, prawn and salmon dishes to die for. I can't name them and they will probably be completely different to the options available if you ask the same question, as they depended entirely on what was in the basket of goodies from the market that inspired him on that day. All I can offer is my absolute pleasure at the experience and a deep and urgent need to convene another business meeting just down the road as soon as possible.

Visited May 2013

“Lovely terrace in the sun - precisely what you need after a bike ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Situated on a corner in centre of Driebergen. Friendly waiters
Interesting combination of Asian and Italian cuisine in one restaurant. Challenging dishes but very tasty. Nice selection of wines.

• Visited May 2013