“great place”

River Tea Rooms
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: River Terrace Cafe is based in the heart of St Ives in a grade II* listed Manor House on the River Ouse. We offer breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and everything in between, 7 days a week. ​ Our focus is atmosphere, friendly service and a menu which pays homage to your classic favorites as well as introducing some healthy alternatives.
Reviewed 27 August 2013

what a selection of great cakes, good pot of tea ,will be back .
great place for boaters as mooring just over the bridge,good stop off point

Reviewed 24 August 2013

I'm often in St.Ives and always pop into the Tea Rooms for a coffee and one of their delicious homemade scones! They have a wide range of homemade cakes, something for everyone! The staff are always friendly and welcoming.Great place to sit on the terrace and watch the boats and the ducks and swans paddling by. I love the wide range of tea's and the afternoon tea served on a tiered cake stand is a real treat!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

We booked afternoon tea at the Tea rooms following a trip on the electric boat trip from the quay. The staff were very friendly and reserved a lovely table for us on the terrace overlooking the river.Best afternoon tea we have had, choice of sandwiches, cake, scones, tea or coffee all freshly made and served with a smile. Cakes and scones were delicious!!

Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

Shared an excellent lunch today with my parents. Large freshly made and tasty sandwiches and baguettes.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

We can here by chance, having had a terrible customer service experience at the Dolphin Hotel across the river. As well as having some table inside, the tea rooms have a narrow outside terrace with beautiful views over the River Ouse, immediately adjacent to the magnificent Chapel Bridge. All drinks were excellent - I drink espresso which is always a good test for coffee quality. I am so glad that my son and his wife treated us all to cakes because they were definitely worth the calories! The service was faultless; I overheard one customer asking for directions and the lady serving, although obviously busy, offered to draw a map to backup the verbal directions. Wheelchair access could be difficult but I have the feeling that the staff would find nothing too much trouble and would assist. This is a real gem of a place and comes highly recommended by an espresso drinker and cake gluten!