“pretty average for 'high' prices”
Review of River Tea Rooms

River Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: River Terrace Cafe is based in the heart of St Ives in a grade II* listed Manor House on the River Ouse. We offer breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and everything in between, 7 days a week. ​ Our focus is atmosphere, friendly service and a menu which pays homage to your classic favorites as well as introducing some healthy alternatives.
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“pretty average for 'high' prices”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited with my son and daughter, we had two scones and a cake with 3 cold drinks. Which came to £14. I feel a bit funny in moaning that the scones were far to big, but they were huge, burnt, and dry! And with one 'tiny' pot of cream between two of us we were disappointed!
Would rather go home and make my own scones next time (they are much nicer)

• Visited July 2014

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Some friends have recently moved to the area and while visiting St. Ives we decided to pop into the tearooms for coffee. We were fortunate enough to get an outside table overlooking the river. The staff were all very welcoming and polite. The cheese scones were the tastiest I have ever eaten and the coffee was good. We took our time and were under to pressure to vacate our prime seats.

• Visited August 2014
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Excellent freshly baked cakes”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband, step-daughter and I visit here quite regularly. We have taken any visitors we have, to have tea and cakes here.
Being a keen baker myself, I like to sample locally made cakes (and compare, of course :-) ).
The cakes are freshly made on-site and you can tell by the taste. The waitresses are friendly and down-to-earth and have no problem explaining menu options/cake ingredients (i.e. are there any nuts in the cakes).Of course being by the river makes it that extra special on a beautiful sunny day, watching the numerous swans and ducks go by.

• Visited July 2014
Cambridgeshire
“Great tea shop in a great location”
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Small but perfectly formed with outside seating right next to the river. Good freshly made cakes and sandwiches, salads etc, and a bit of variation on the menu compared to most tea shops. Last time we went (have been many, many times) they had introduced waitress service - great!

Visited July 2014
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
“Lunch with a view”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I visited the tea room on a busy Saturday afternoon. We were lucky to get a table on the terrace, overlooking the Great Ouse. Our meals were served quickly and we found them delicious. There certainly was no shortage of cheese in my Ploughman's. Super

SuzyCD, Owner at River Tea Rooms, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Sam
thank you so much for your very nice review we are pleased that you enjoyed your visit!
Kind Regards