“Time to wait”

Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in St Ives
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: View, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: River Terrace Cafe is based in the heart of St Ives in a grade II* listed Manor House on the River Ouse. We offer breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea and everything in between, 7 days a week. ​ Our focus is atmosphere, friendly service and a menu which pays homage to your classic favorites as well as introducing some healthy alternatives.
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Time to wait”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Dropped in for a quick snack, order taken immediately then the wait started,poor service by young ladies that need training. Expensive and not very good.

2 Thank Ian O

Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
“Poor attitude from one waitress.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My wife,daughter and I just popped in for a coffee this lunch time ( Tuesday 19th August)). All the staff were delightful apart from 1 waitress who served us. My wife ordered an americano which came with milk according to the receipt. When it the milk did not arrive my wife asked politely for it and got the reply "Did you not order black coffee" ?!. The waitress then marched off and came back with the milk and a frown. my wife thanked her but got no response. Unacceptable behaviour towards a customer ! We have enjoyed many visits to this tea room in the past but cannot find a reason why we should now go back or recommend to others.

3 Thank David D
Cambridge, England, United Kingdom
“pretty average for 'high' prices”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Visited with my son and daughter, we had two scones and a cake with 3 cold drinks. Which came to £14. I feel a bit funny in moaning that the scones were far to big, but they were huge, burnt, and dry! And with one 'tiny' pot of cream between two of us we were disappointed!
Would rather go home and make my own scones next time (they are much nicer)

• Visited July 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Some friends have recently moved to the area and while visiting St. Ives we decided to pop into the tearooms for coffee. We were fortunate enough to get an outside table overlooking the river. The staff were all very welcoming and polite. The cheese scones were the tastiest I have ever eaten and the coffee was good. We took our time and were under to pressure to vacate our prime seats.

St Ives, United Kingdom
“Excellent freshly baked cakes”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband, step-daughter and I visit here quite regularly. We have taken any visitors we have, to have tea and cakes here.
Being a keen baker myself, I like to sample locally made cakes (and compare, of course :-) ).
The cakes are freshly made on-site and you can tell by the taste. The waitresses are friendly and down-to-earth and have no problem explaining menu options/cake ingredients (i.e. are there any nuts in the cakes).Of course being by the river makes it that extra special on a beautiful sunny day, watching the numerous swans and ducks go by.

• Visited July 2014