Regretfully this little studio apartment is not very good. First of all there were one or two good things: the towels were good and clean, the bed linen appeared to be clean and the bathroom was spacious; plenty of electric sockets for all the charging we have to do these days. However, all this was outweighed by the negatives: things started off badly with a poor ‘welcome’ – it was so cool that I thought I must have come to the wrong place. There was no introduction, I was asked quite brusquely whether I had received instructions (no I hadn’t otherwise I wouldn’t have been so remiss as to ring the doorbell of the main house and disturb the occupant). I was taken round to the studio front door and shown inside. I was instructed to put the key back under the flower pot at the end of my stay (no expectation to say goodbye etc). The fridge was not on, nor was the heating. I put the fridge on and left it for a bit before putting my food inside. (The fridge was clean). I put my ice blocks from my cool bag in the freezer compartment at the top of the fridge, only to spill water into the fridge and on the floor, it had thawed and not been cleaned out so the bottom of the ice box was full of water. Well, I cleaned that up and had to wipe the floor in the process – that showed me that the floor was not clean; the bathroom appeared clean but the bath, whilst not dirty, had not been cleaned properly; there were dirty splashes down the wall by the basin; the pillows were awful and, when I took the cases off at the end of my stay (as instructed by the notice on the back of the bathroom door) looked very old and not at all fresh; there was no mirror anywhere near an electric socket to enable hair drying; no clock; there were cobwebs in some out of the way places – and some very much in the way places; the stair carpet decidedly in need of a good clean; the kitchen was not brilliantly equipped but just about adequate: no bread board or chopping board; ineffective tin opener; grubby microwave; (the utensils appeared reasonably clean although a Pyrex dish in the cupboard was not); settee not at all comfortable; chilly in the sitting area on the one day that the temperature dropped although very hot indeed upstairs; vacuum cleaner ineffective. When I left and moved the kitchen bin as I was emptying it there was cooked rice spilled on the wall and floor behind it, no doubt from someone’s takeaway – not nice at all. There was no DVD player although the property is advertised as having one. The folder with visitors’ comments was so grubby that I really didn’t want to touch it.