“Quiet, Clean & Cosy”
other travellers have booked this property
Living area/kitchen
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Living area/kitchen
Heacham beach, one mile from Orange House
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

gjames172...
London, United Kingdom
“Quiet, Clean & Cosy”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in February 2017

A wonderful studio apartment on two floors in a very quiet area. Very comfortable, clean, light and airy with plenty of provisions in the kitchen. Lois was the perfect host, even if she was away during my stay - she would occasionally message to check all was ok. It was a bit chilly at the time of my stay (early Feb) but there is a heating system which is very straight forward to operate. It is easy to get about, and ideal if you like long walks - beach, Ringstead Downs and woodland - incredibly beautiful and serene. Bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom very spacious. Overall, very airy, bright and relaxing. The wi-fi had recently been set-up but my devices could not connect - I'm sure this will have been solved by now. This was no big bother to me, as most of the time I was out on walks or cooking. An ideal and cosy base to return to from local explorations. Wonderful stay!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
19 Mar 2017
Thanks Gil, hope you'll visit again and we'll get to meet next time.
Kind regards, Lois
colfinart
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“A pleasant and comfortable place to stay.”
Reviewed 15 March 2017 for a stay in September 2016

The Orange House Studio is the perfect place for a quiet place to stay. It has everything that you require to make your stay comfortable. The open plan interior is very pleasing. We have stayed here for the last two years and hope to stay again in 2017. Admittedly on both occasions we had good weather.
The Studio is situated just a twenty minute walk away from the beach. Also the Lavender Centre is about the same distance away. As we are pensioners who like walking, we think nothing of walking to Hunstanton. The Coastal Hopper bus service is very good if you prefer to ride to destinations along the North Norfolk Coast. The village of Heacham has a nice quaint feel about it, but has all the shops and facilities that anyone would need close by.
We would recommend the Orange House Studio to single or couples for a comfortable stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
16 Mar 2017
Colin, Thank you very much, do come again!
Kind regards.
Lois
Jill B
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Grubby and in need of TLC”
Reviewed 4 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

Regretfully this little studio apartment is not very good. First of all there were one or two good things: the towels were good and clean, the bed linen appeared to be clean and the bathroom was spacious; plenty of electric sockets for all the charging we have to do these days. However, all this was outweighed by the negatives: things started off badly with a poor ‘welcome’ – it was so cool that I thought I must have come to the wrong place. There was no introduction, I was asked quite brusquely whether I had received instructions (no I hadn’t otherwise I wouldn’t have been so remiss as to ring the doorbell of the main house and disturb the occupant). I was taken round to the studio front door and shown inside. I was instructed to put the key back under the flower pot at the end of my stay (no expectation to say goodbye etc). The fridge was not on, nor was the heating. I put the fridge on and left it for a bit before putting my food inside. (The fridge was clean). I put my ice blocks from my cool bag in the freezer compartment at the top of the fridge, only to spill water into the fridge and on the floor, it had thawed and not been cleaned out so the bottom of the ice box was full of water. Well, I cleaned that up and had to wipe the floor in the process – that showed me that the floor was not clean; the bathroom appeared clean but the bath, whilst not dirty, had not been cleaned properly; there were dirty splashes down the wall by the basin; the pillows were awful and, when I took the cases off at the end of my stay (as instructed by the notice on the back of the bathroom door) looked very old and not at all fresh; there was no mirror anywhere near an electric socket to enable hair drying; no clock; there were cobwebs in some out of the way places – and some very much in the way places; the stair carpet decidedly in need of a good clean; the kitchen was not brilliantly equipped but just about adequate: no bread board or chopping board; ineffective tin opener; grubby microwave; (the utensils appeared reasonably clean although a Pyrex dish in the cupboard was not); settee not at all comfortable; chilly in the sitting area on the one day that the temperature dropped although very hot indeed upstairs; vacuum cleaner ineffective. When I left and moved the kitchen bin as I was emptying it there was cooked rice spilled on the wall and floor behind it, no doubt from someone’s takeaway – not nice at all. There was no DVD player although the property is advertised as having one. The folder with visitors’ comments was so grubby that I really didn’t want to touch it.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;