“Best Indian Food!”

Lily's Vegetarian Indian Restaurant
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: It's a vegetarian indian restaurant in Ashton under Lyne and is probably the best veggie restaurant I've ever visited! Superb food, very cheap and a varied menu!
Moscow
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Lily's offers by far the best Indian food I've ever had! Originally from a small town in Texas, we don't have much Indian cuisine at all, so I've always been at a loss for what to order. However Lily's offers such a wide array of delicious meals that there's always something wonderful to have there! And if you're at a loss for where to start, you can go during lunch time during the week and have a taster's lunch which includes a starter, a dessert, various curries and Indian breads, and a mango or salted lassi all for about 7 pounds! Whether you want vegetarian, vegan, or just delicious Indian cuisine, Lily's is the place! They're friendly, knowledgeable, and make excellent quality dishes, also perfect for sharing!

1 Thank Jenn T
Prital S, Owner at Lily's Vegetarian Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank you for your awesome review for Lily's.
Sorry to hear you don't get much Indian cuisine in the small town of Texas that you are from, but don't worry this small town of Ashton has Lily's and we will make sure you get the best Indian food!
The lunch time Thali you mentioned is very popular and definitely at a bargain price.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this lovely review for Lily's and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Stockport, United Kingdom
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

After reading the reviews on here I finally went with a friend, who was initially underwhelmed by the look of the place, she wasn't underwhelmed after she tasted the food!

Everything we had was really fresh, full of flavour and looked appetising. The sag in the sag aloo was green not khaki and all the spicing was spot on. Naan bread was fresh and light and the rice was good too.

Next time we will try some of the street food; will be back with other friends and will spread the word.

Service was very friendly and staff were very enthusiastic and proud of their cafe.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for your delightful review for Lily's.
It's fantastic to hear you and your friend had a lovely first time at Lily's and enjoyed the food.
All the food is always freshly made at Lily's, food is our passion and the team at Lily's always ensure that our customers leave feeling satisfied.
Please do try the street food next time you are in, you will not be disappointed.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this lovely review and look forward to welcoming you and your friends back very soon.
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“OMG !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

Called into Lily's after going to get some spices from ASM next door. i had heard really good reviews about this little place and OMG what a little gem of a place.
The staff were brilliant and advised us what to have and the girl knew her stuff - it was amazing.
We had Samosa Chaat & a Masala Dhosas to share and it was gorgeous.

I told my kids about the food and we decided to call in for lunch on Tuesday - it is the only day that it is closed - but definately will be calling in soon

thanks to all xx

1 Thank Andrea B
Thank you so much for your fantastic review for Lily's.
It's great to hear you had a fabulous first time with us and will be returning with your children.
As you have seen we do have a great menu, so you'll have fun trying different dishes each time you visit.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this lovely review and look forward to welcoming you and your family back very soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Brought back the taste of Jamnagar!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Have had lunch at Lily's a few times now, and must say that on each occasion it has not disappointed!

It's not often that I have vegetarian food out as I have a vegetarian master chef at home (my wife). We had ordered the Chinese Bhel which I was pleasantly surprised about, initially didn't want to even taste it as I couldn't understand the concept of this dish, however after one spoonful I couldn't stop helping myself to my wife's starter!
Then came out her Pav Bhaji, now for me there are only two people I know that make a perfect Pav Bhaji, 1. My wife & 2. Milan Pav Bhaji in Chandni Bazar, Jamnagar (Gujarat -India). What the chef put out on Saturday afternoon at Lily's tells me there are THREE people who believe make the perfect Pav Bhaji. My only petty criticism would be the Onions on the side...they need to be Red and not White...but that is me being petty! So now I'm almost full having shared 'some' of my wife's meal...so I thought I should at least make a start on my own meal - Tawa Paneer & Garlic Naan. Now here's a curry sauce base flavour that I could only find in India being served in a cafe in Ashton...awesome! My only bit of feedback, and I mentioned this while I was there is the way it is served...the pipping sizzler continues to cook the sauce even after it's served, so when I got to the bottom of the dish I could not finish it all as the gravy had burnt to the bottom of the foil. My suggestion would be to serve it on what the dish is...a Small Tawa and leave out the Sizzler...it is a great visual however leaves the dish on a sour note which is a shame as it tastes so good! This is the only reason why I have rated Lily's a 4star...otherwise there was nothing else stopping me from giving this establishment full marks. Clean, tidy, service with a smile and phenomenal food! Greater Manchester's Gem of a Desi Veggie place to eat!!!

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Yatrik78
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of Lily's, we do feel very honoured to be able to bring the taste of Jamnagar back to you.
We have made a note of your feedback of the Pau Bhaji and the Tawa Paneer and we thank you for your observations, we always listen to what our customers say it is important to us.
I spoke to the Head Chef about the red onions for the Pau Bhaji and we have decided that from now on our Pau Bhaji will be served with red onions.
As for the Tawa Paneer, we have also noted your feedback and the foil will be left out, which should eliminate the burnt sauce that you mentioned.
The team at Lily's always aim to provide the best service and delicious food for all our customers, we love to give our service with a smile and make sure our customers leave satisfied and smiling.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this lovely review and look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food, especially for vegans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were blown away by the amazing food and the huge range of vegan options. The service was really quick, friendly and we even got some complementary sweets! Would definitely recommend and will be visiting again asap!

1 Thank shannontara21
Thank you for lovely review for Lily's.
The team at Lily's are always happy to help with your ordering of the food, if help is needed.
We do our very best do make sure we provide the best service and delicious food.
We appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.