“First visit and would go again.”

Indian Ocean Restaurant
Price range: US$16 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Big car park which was good. Lots of staff all of whom were helpful, friendly and efficient. The building is divided into two, a large bar/waiting area and the restaurant. The bar had loud music playing from a disco unit. We had arranged to meet people we had not seen for a while, so prior to going in the bar we had to shout at each other to be heard over the music! The restaurant itself was roomy with plenty of seating. There was a varied menu offering a lot of choice and the food ordered was delivered fairly promptly. Staff were always available if you wanted drinks etc. We had popadoms, a starter and main plus some drinks and it worked out about £25 a head with a tip, so not a bad price.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Best place for beautiful Indian food! Great food and a lovely bar area with music for everyone! Would definitely recommend.

1  Thank EllaRose14
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Returned to this place as manager believed (see my last review) that member of rude staff had gone from this place now - she wasn't there this night so plus point. I didn't have a problem with the staff they were nice and some were really sweet but this place has gone so downhill. When I was younger I used to think this place was amazing but its gone really scruffy. The food just does not taste as good as it should. Use curry cottage in Dukinfield or curry lounge in Stalybridge because their food is absolutely delicious and their staff are second to none and their prices are like half what this place's are.

2  Thank katenorthwest
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Been a few times and always find the same good service as the previous visit. Great food, friendly staff and the food arrives in a reasonable time, no matter how busy it is.
If you are going Saturday or Sunday night, then I suggest you book, as it gets very busy at these times.

1  Thank Mike H
Reviewed 15 March 2014

For the second time the delivery guy had to ring and ask where abouts I was. Eventually I guided him to my house. On opening my food it was stone cold . I love five mins maximum from your restaurant. Please teach your drivers the area. And please make sure food is hot . It's not like it's the cheapest around but I wanted quality. Seriously considering not using again

4  Thank Mazza591
Guy G, General Manager at Indian Ocean Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Hi,

We're really disppointed to hear that your take away arrived cold and apologise for this.

We would like discuss this with you further to make sure it doesn't happen again. Please email nahim@indianocean.co.uk with your contact details so we can look into who was delivering and why it was cold.

Thank you for your feeedback.