“We will be returning soon”
Review of Hare & Hounds Inn

Hare & Hounds Inn
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Hare & Hounds in Luzley, (Between Ashton-Under-Lyne and Mossley in Tameside) offers fine wine and dining in the charming setting of a newly-renovated 17th Century Country Inn. The Menu has been prepared utilising fresh local produce, with the meat sourced from local farms in the surrounding fields.Vegetarian requirements are also provided for. In addition to wines for all occasions, the Inn also serves real ales such as the famous Thwaites Wainwrights,an exquisitely lovely, refreshing golden ale with citrus fruity overtones. Having the two log burning stoves at either end of the Inn and contemporary and tasteful décor, both diners and drinkers can relax and unwind with a great selection of ales, wines and great hospitality. The Inn also offers diners an extensive lunch time and evening menu with chef specials created by our renowned award winning Head Chef and his team. Since opening in October 2010 the Inn has grown from strength to strength giving its customers old and new a unique opportunity to enjoy the delights on offer in this charming and characterful old 17th Century Inn. With an extensive bar serving the best cask ales and beers and it's well assembled list of wines, this is a must place to visit whether for a drink to dine or both. dog walkers are more then welcome to use the outside facilities and water will be provided upon request. The owners welcome customers old and new. We look forward to seeing you soon !
Manchester, United Kingdom
“We will be returning soon”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We found this restaurant by accident and thought we'd give it a try and we wasn't disappointed ,there was six of us my 89yr old mother myself and my husband in our 50's our son and his wife in their 30's and our 6yr old granddaughter so there was something to suit all palates everyone had a different meal and everything was delicious the staff were very pleasant and the restaurant had very nice décor all in all everyone enjoyed it and we will be returning soon

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank june a

Ashton-under-Lyne, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Had a great meal at the hare and houns the food was brilliant and the entertainment.we call there a lest onces a week .the mixed griil is second to none.

2 Thank Bob-Heather
Dukinfield
“Nice would go again”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We called here for a meal as we'd heard some good reports. Food was nice and well presented but I think just a tad overpriced for a pub. For our main meals we both ordered the mixed grill. I asked if I could have mine without the steak as it would be just too much. The waitress had to go and ask the kitchen staff and returned to say no, I HAD to have the steak as it came in a pack?? In the end I just asked for it to be put on my partners plate instead! Weird! The food was all cooked well and we ordered peppercorn sauce, I love this normally but it was over salted, At first I thought it was the meat I was eating but then realised it was the sauce which was a shame. Chunky home made chips were lovely though. Service was good and we would go again but not order the peppercorn sauce!

Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice beer, nice starter but dire main course!”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Went here on the 15th of May for a retirement lunch. Things started well with a nice pint of Wainwright bitter. Our waitress was a pleasant enough young lady and recommended the black pudding starter that I had ordered. This did indeed turn out to be very good and a decent portion size that left me looking forward to my main of 'chicken in a basket'.
The best thing about it was the nice wire basket that it was served in! The chicken strips were over cooked verging on burnt (says it all when I've had better at the wettherspoons chain pubs!) and I was less than underwhelmed to see french fries accompanying. Why no chunky home-made chips?
If I wanted french fries I'd choose on of the fast food franchises. Still the coleslaw was acceptable.
In my opinion, at £10.95 for two courses it represented poor value for money and I really couldn't recommend it to anyone. Far, far better places to eat in the surrounding area!

1 Thank Brian T
Manchester
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, poor service”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

We visited tonight and were impressed with the quality of the food even though it seemed a little expensive for what is just pub food really. The service however was poor. We had our plates taken away and were then ignored, no offer of a dessert (which we would have had if we had been given a menu) we tried to catch someone's attention for ages and in the end we just asked to get the bill and left. There was little in the way of atmosphere either. This is the second time I've been here and the first time I said I'd go back to see if I had just gone on a bad night, but tonight was no better.

1 Thank emmaandadrian