“Could have been better”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I have visited this restaurant several times as part of both large and small parties. I have always enjoyed the food and the prices are reasonable. However I really think the staff need to sort their attitudes out! I had not visited for a while as my previous visit had not been a very positive one but the party I was attending with insisted on me giving it another go. Was very pleased with my food and house wine was lovely but the staff left me feeling disappointed again. Our needs were not met, one example; friend asked for a plate of king prawn and chicken with pineapple on one plate rather than ordering both separate dishes, as she was feeling full from the starters. The staff's response to this was "No it's not on the menu" even though both dishes are. Overall an 'average' restaurant with very miserable, moody staff!

Reviewed 8 February 2013

been here 3 times now and its lovely. the staff are friendly,You can have as much as you want for a set price,better to book at a weekend,the meals are cooked from fresh when you order (not like a buffet style that you help yourself).staff serve you.its really good..it is upstairs,so its not for everyone.the toilets are downstairs.its not a big place,but i like going during the week instead of weekends.

1  Thank jellybaby852
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Went to get a takeaway. The woman who took my order tried on several ocassions to try and change my order to more expensive dishes even though I explained that I was vegetarian. Woman continued to be rudeFood ok but overpriced. Not been back since. Says it all

1  Thank bill a
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We go to Jade Gardens on a regular bases. the food is always cooked fresh. it really is a too good to be true Chinese. You can order as many starters and main courses as you like. so you get a good selection of food. Once you have decided you want to finish starters and go ont a main meal. you cant go back to starters. but its very rare we manage a main course. The Staff are great too. its the nicest chinese food i have ever tasted. They call us by our names, as we go so often they know us. They know what we like to drink and eat lol. we go here on all special occasions with our friends and family. You couldnt cook it for the price they charge. Kids under 4 eat free whilst kids 4 to 7 its just £5. Monday to Thursday is £14 and Friday to Sunday £15.50.
dont miss out on this great food

Reviewed 29 January 2013

Just read the only other review for Jade Garden, thought I'd give a bit more
Compared to other set price chinese restaurants nearby, this one is far better. We have been quite a few times, with friends or for a quick chinese fix. The food is not buffet style, it is made to order for you, you can order as many times as you want, but there is no going back, once you move from starter to main course, you carry on with the main. Not sure why, but that is the rule. Desserts are extra. The staff are friendly, and have no problem in tweaking the set menu dishes for you if there is something you would like that is not quite there. Drinks aren't the cheapest, but overall I'd say it's worth it if you just want a quick chinese without fuss. Tends to be extremely busy at the weekend, and quiter mid week.Never had to quote acts of parliament to eat here either....

1  Thank mrcogs