“What a Fantastic Surprise”
Review of Reflections

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Reflections
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Lancashire
“What a Fantastic Surprise”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

First of all my complaint. They should open every evening!

Had heard about how good Reflections was, But it's just a college canteen with young kids learning to cook. WRONG.

Went for lunch with a group from our Yoga class and for once I'm lost for words. The cost for our lunch £9.95 for a three course meal with a choice of three dishes in each course. I had Potage Bonne Femme for starter. Potato Gnocchi with Mornay sauce followed by Apple Crumble and Custard. I'm not a vegetarian just fancied it and it was beautiful.

I have a very, very expensive favourite restaurant, just for special occasions and to compare the two, Reflections didn't have lovely views over the hills, didn't have a nice lounge to take coffee and didn't have posh linen serviettes. I could lunch for a year here for the price of one lunch at my posh restaurant, but notice I didn't compare, food or service. Bit of a let down for my posh place.

The place was full but it didn't affect the food or service, the young men and women serving us where what you would expect in any good, well run restaurant, the food beautiful and well presented and served on warm plates. I know my moans about hot plates drive everyone mad, I like my hot meal served on a hot plate.

As I said at the begging my moan is they should open every evening and I'm sure they would still fill the place and perhaps we wouldn't have to book weeks in advance. They have themed lunches and dinners. Our gang were so impressed they booked for an afternoon tea in a couple of weeks, unfortunately I'm trying to lose weight so, so far have declined.

It's my 70th birthday shortly, knew where we were going to dine, can only afford it for very special occasions, nice lunch, nice view over the hills.

Changed my mind, going to Reflections now instead!

As I said I'm speechless.

• Visited January 2014