“mothers day treat”
Review of The Broadoak Hotel

The Broadoak Hotel
Reviewed 14 March 2013

my wife daughter and myself had the mothers day meal . great service really good food excellent value i was delighted and will be calling again .the restaraunt was full but the dining experience could not have been better .

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bda061

Reviewed 3 January 2013

Second visit almost one year to the day after the first. We booked shortly after 11.00 a.m. for a 4.00 p.m. sitting. There were 5 of us and we were shown straight to our table where we ordered our drinks, 3 pints of frosty’s (£2.75/pint) 1/2 pint of carling (£1.80) and an orange juice (£2.05). Menus were handed out (we were all ordering from the set Sunday lunch menu, starter-main-dessert £12.75each) and after a few minutes we were ready to order. Our starters were 2 black pudding/small salad, 2 pate & toast/small salad and 1 soup of the day (small basket of bread already on table) followed by 2 beef with yorkshire pudding, 1 pork, 1 turkey with stuffing and 1 chicken with stuffing. Mix up meant we ended up with one wrong dinner but soon put right. The main course comes as mentioned above but with gravy and roast potatoes with the other vegetables being brought to the table on a dish and shared. We got one dish with cauliflower, sprouts, carrots and new potatoes and were told our second dish would soon follow. Several minutes went by and another request for our second dish of veg seemed to fall on deaf ears so we redistributed the one dish of veg amongst us. Few minutes later and our second dish of veg arrived (In stark contrast to the first dish this dish of cauliflower and carrots was al dente having just been cooked-again not an issue for me but the first lot was quite soft). It was delivered with an apology and the excuse that there was a back log in the kitchen. I can’t say it bothered me too much but they might have said the second lot of veg might be a few minutes wait or they might have delayed the second course a few minutes. Puddings ordered were 2 Christmas pudding with custard, 2 cheesecake with ice-cream and a chocolate cake with ice-cream. Our total bill was £75.85 or £85.00 with tips which I think is very good value and the meal was enjoyed by all and we will eat there again. Just to be fair to the staff it was quite busy but we were served by several different members of staff which is where I think mix ups happen. If you live local and you’ve never tried it give it a go for a good old fashioned Sunday lunch. Visited December.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank georgedoorsscores
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I have to say how disappointed I was with the NYE dinner dance at the Broadoak Hotel - it felt more like attending a bad wedding with not many guests! For £55pp the food was average (my wife would say poor!), erm entertainment - dj great but had to play to an "old audience" so not much atmosphere, no fireworks and fizz, and after we spent nearly £200 we found it quite rude how quickly you are asked to leave! On a plus note I found the service of the waiters excellent and the bar staff to be friendly however I will not be returning next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Joanie1234187069
Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

As a single traveller I am impressed by the warm and friendly welcome I received from the moment I walked through the door. I was greeted by the hotel proprietor at reception who was exceedingly efficient and friendly. I was then shown to my room and the lady offered to take my bags to which I declined. The room was very clean and very comfortable. I had requested an ironing board and iron and this was there on arrival and unlike some hotels the iron worked!!

I had read several reviews which stated the hotel drinks were expensive but I paid 2.90 for a glass of house red. So not sure where the expensive came from as hotels generally charge more.

Breakfast was lovely and the service quick.

Everyone chatted and made my visit warm which in comparison to a rather large chain I stay in,in Hyde a rather pleasant change.

It is a small hotel so you are made to feel like a guest rather than a number.

Would totally recommend !!!

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank chrystaltips2008
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I Stayed with a colleague whilst on Business in the area. We both found everything to be of a high quality and better than one normally expects for this price range. The rooms where large, very clean and had all the expected additional touches which are sometimes missing. The restaurant was well laid out, the menu contained options for a variety of tastes and dietary requirements (the Lamb done three ways was wonderful). The Breakfast was also a very high standard. All the staff where extremely efficient and friendly. Even the Beer was good quality and 30p less than I am used to paying. Altogether a wonderful experience, I will be certain to return when next in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Stayed over night 6th october as was visiting relatives in the area .the room was lovely the staff were very helpful in the evening we had a drink in the bar which was reasonably priced and the breakfast was very tasty and filling next time were in the area we hope to stay again

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We live less than 1 mile from the Broadoak but had never eaten there so thought we would give it a try. There were seven adults and a 2 year old for Sunday lunch in December. We booked the day before and were seated shortly after 12.00pm in the restaurant area. Drinks orders were taken at the table. We all mostly ate from the set menu which included pate and toast, tuna salad, melon and soup for starters followed by turkey, roast beef, lamb and salmon for main with three dishes of shared root vegetables & roast potatoes. Ice-creams, christmas pudding with brandy sauce or custard and a tarte with cream or ice cream for dessert. Coffee for some after the meal (not included with set menu). Cost approx £140 with one round of drinks (4 pints, gin & tonic, wine and a coke). We also bought drinks at the bar and paid at the bar. Service was generally good and the meal was enjoyed by all. The 2 year old had a side plate and shared with the adults. Ample car parking outside. Toilets very clean. We would go again and we have been back for a pint in the bar area.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank georgedoorsscores
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
1 mi away
Best Western Hotel Smokies Park
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
The White Hart Inn at Lydgate

Been to The Broadoak Hotel? Share your experiences!