Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
The Broadoak Hotel(Ashton-under-Lyne)
US$147
Travelodge Ashton Under Lyne(Ashton-under-Lyne)
Orbitz.com
US$75
Priceline
247Hotel(Oldham)
US$55
Holiday Inn Express Manchester East(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$81
2,005 results
All reviewsupper deckleisure facilitiesleisure parkparty nightsky tvnice hotelclub roomtram stopgreat facilitieswet roomwalk in showersteam roomthe vervebusiness tripvictory pubwould stay againcomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Stayed here one night with my husband whilst visiting family nearby. I chose this property due to the reviews and proximity to where we needed to be. We stayed last Saturday night, there was a wedding in full flow when we arrived which did not cause us any issue. First impressions were good, slick looking building, with coffee house, bar & restaurant, ample free car parking in front of the hotel. Check in took just a few minutes, very helpful lady gave us info about the hotel and facilities. We had a standard room on the 1st floor, as a late booking, all the superior rooms had been taken, presumably due to the wedding party. Rooms on the 1st floor at the back of the building (odd numbers) have no view as the leisure centre building backs onto the rooms so we looked at the domed perspex roof from our window. Not a problem as we weren't there to gaze out of the window.

Good points...
Helpful staff, new nice looking building, car parking, facilities nearby, bathroom looks great, bedroom looks great, extensive room service menu, powerful hairdrier, nice toiletries, really comfy bed, clean, iron & ironing board in room, very quiet room.

Bad points...
Small dark rooms with very harsh spot lights above the bed, no wardrobe so limited hanging space above a dressing table area, no towel or coat hooks, very poor shower pressure, very limited channels on TV (terrestrial only & Sky sports/news), dreadful food, no hotel information in the room, ie opening times, breakfast times etc, droves of smokers gather right outside the main entrance.

We had breakfast included, which was in the Verve restaurant. It was incredibly busy, again likely due to the wedding and we had to wait a few minutes which was no problem as there were complimentary newspapers in the lounge area. The poor staff were run off their feet so we had to practically grab someone as they galloped past our table inorder to get tea and coffee, which we eventaully got half way through our meal. There is a choice of continental or cooked breakfast items, we went for the cooked at first.... really sorry but it was just awful, the food was poor quality, fatty, salty bacon, mealy sausages, snotty eggs, tinned mushrooms, all that I can cope with as a one off, but it was all COLD. Not just a little cool, not even warm, but truely COLD and I saw the eggs, bacon and sausages freshly brought out of the kitchen moments before I served myself. I cannot understand how the food was cold under the heat lights, as when I picked up the plastic spoon to serve myself beans, it was so hot it nearly peeled the skin from my hand. I can only imagine that things sit in the kitchen for a while before they are brought out and placed under the lights. I decided to make myself a bacon buttie as I thought this would be the most inoffensive alternative, but that was still horrible so I ended up with a cinnamon pastry and an apple. I intended to bring this to the attention of staff however the poor boys & girls were clearing tables and seating guests like things possessed, so I thought I would leave it til check out. Unfortunately 'express' checkout means you place your room card in a goldfish bowl on the unattended counter and off you go..... there are no comment cards to be found easily.

We got this room on a special rate we found on Trivago and I was a little disappointed, had I paid the advertised hotel price of £139, I would have been absolutely furious. This hotel could be extremely nice indeed with a few alterations, it looks the part, but in my opinion, fails to deliver and for this reason I will pick a faithful Premier Inn next time, its no frills, but you know that before you go......

Room Tip: if you want any sort of view then avoid rooms at back of hotel on 1st floor
1  Thank catpusspink
WilliamsVAM, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your visit to De Vere Village Manchester Ashton.
I am very surpised to hear the comments with regards to the quality of our breakfast as this is something which we take great pride in, however, I take comments such as these very seriously and intend to raise your feedback with my management team.
If I can be of any further asisistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Email: mark.williams@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I have previously stayed at the Village’s sister hotel in Hyde and was totally unimpressed, my separate review covers that experience! This hotel however is completely different. Finding myself back in Manchester a few weeks later on business I decided to give the Village at Ashton Moss a run. The hotel is reasonably new and frankly I could not fault the décor. I do agree with other reviewers the interior is a little dark, this is obviously intended to complement the slick black exterior. Personally I liked it but it’s a little like a Ridley Scott movie set, with lots of hard linear shadows and pools of subtle lights. You half expect to glimpse Sigourney Weaver across the lobby. The rooms are likewise a little dark but I have to vote in favour of this too. I found the room very relaxing and there are a lot of lighting variations to choose from. Nice size TV with good picture quality and a reasonable channel choice, including sports. The bathroom was modern and clean, the shower excellent The Health club is top notch and Starbucks a good place to grab a coffee. Top marks go to the staff who were very pleasant indeed. Everyone who worked there, from the reception to the bar was friendly and approachable. The staff in the restaurant get a special mention, often taking the time to make small talk and chat, something I prefer to the script like interaction many places seem to encourage these days. On the down side there were not too many things out of kilter. Food, well a bit pricy for the quality and I am not a fan of the buffet breakfasts. Bar prices a little over done in this current climate, around four pounds for a pint of lager, which was selling elsewhere for three pounds. The free Wi-Fi is excellent though. All in all a top business hotel would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
WilliamsVAM, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the De Vere Village Manchester Ashton.

I am very happy to hear your positive comments and if I can be of any assistance in relation to future visits to the Hotel, please do not hesitate to contact me.

De Vere Village Manchester Ashton
Email: ---------------

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Stayed on a special offer deal - 2 adults for £69 DBB + use of leisure centre. Room was large, stylish and really clean. All the staff were really friendly and even though the hotel was packed with people staying for the deal and a wedding nobody seemed stressed. Had a great 3 course meal with wine and enjoyed a drink in the pub on site after. A lovely stay overall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
WilliamsVAM, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted to hear your comments and very happy to hear you enjoyed your visit.

I hope we can welcome you again to De Vere Village Manchester Ashton or another Village Hotel in the future.

De Vere Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Tel: --------
Email -------

Reviewed 22 August 2011

Couldnt fault the hotel from the first minute on arrival to the last minute on departure. Reception speedy efficient and polite , even apologised for the queue , you cant book in till 3pm I chose to turn up at 3.20, and they apolgised for me having to wait three minutes ! From that it just got better and better , the room was perfect , clean tidy , well looked after (Hilton Hotel Bristol take note ! This is how its meant to be done and at a third of your prices), bar service very slick , Leisure centre well appointed ,spa , steam room , jacuzzi , and upstairs a fitness suite that some high end gyms and leisure centres would be hard pressed to beat. One tip , the pool is quieter after 5.00 when most familes go for their meals, and is a child free zone after 6 !!!!!! The Verve Restaurant at Ashton Moss has to be one of the best in the chain of Village Hotels. Superb food and service (Village Swansea please take note ! Ashton have set the standard ! You have to take up the challenge !) The bar was very busy and very lively but still the waiting time was minimal, a young girl singer on the night I stayed there, very talented great range kept everybody entertained well into the night. Rooms serviced to a very high standard , best I've seen at a Village hotel, breakfast next morning a very professional operation , even at peak time everything available. If all of this sounds too good to be true or you think I must be an employee , well I'm not and it was that good , Oh and one more point I forgot to add in. All of the above happened whilst the hotel was full , there was a wedding going on in the Function Suite and the bar was full of locals out for a good Friday night session !!! All in all a very enjoyable stay and at a price that is pretty much unbeatable for what you get , and believe me I tried !!!!! Thank you Village Ashton , than you Devere. (Other Hotels take note the bar just got raised)

Room Tip: Ask for a room thats away from any fire doors or stairwells / elevator doors. Some people dont realise how loud they can be late at night.

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review.
I am delighted to hear your positive comments about all areas of the Hotel and also my team.
Thank you very much indeed for the feedback and I will certainly share this with my team.
I hope to welcome you to De Vere Village Manchester Ashton or another of our Hotels in the future.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards

De Vere Village Manchester Ashton
Tel 0844 980 0017
Email: mark.williams@village-hotels.com

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Travel zoo offer amazing value for money. Superb hotel, excellent leisure facilities. Bedrooms very modern and very clean. Really good dinner in resturant. Our only disappointed was that my husband had booked this has a birthday surprise for me and had been promised superior rooms but upon check in we were told that these were all fully booked. Surely you shouldn't send out the confirmation and then relet the rooms to someone else!

Room Tip: Rooms really quiet but not much of a view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends