“Would recommend...”

Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here for my partners 30th birthday in April 13.

Lots of free parking available and right next to a retail park with shopping and restaurants. Not far from the motorway.

Check-in process smooth. Staff friendly and knowledgeable.

Room was tasteful and clean, bathroom decent size and bed very comfy.

We ate at the in house Italian restaurant as dinner was included as part of our package. It wasn't the best food I've ever eaten but I would eat there again with no issues if it was offered as part of our stay. The staff in the restaurant were very friendly.

We went over the road to the hungry horse for a few drinks after dinner as the bar in the hotel was a bit more expensive. We did however have a couple in the hotel bar before we went back to the room and it was a very nice area to sit and relax in.

The room was quiet throughout the night and we were not disturbed. We did have breakfast included but did not attend as we were on the clock to get back home, I was feeling slightly ropey and my partner does't really eat before lunchtime!

Overall a great stay and I would recommend and would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CANDLANDO

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed in this hotel recently for a wedding and the hotel and rooms look great - but they are not very practical for anything but an overnight stay. None of our party had any drawers or wardrobes in their room - only 2 shelves, one of which had the telephone etc on it. The only hanging rail hung over the other shelf! We had to hand long dresses from the air conditioning grill.The lighting is very 'mood' ie too dark to see to put your makeup on! The wet room type bathroom again looked very good but the water pressure was so low it was almost impossible to rinse shampoo out of your hair. Maybe OK for overnight on a business trip but not any longer unless you are happy to live out of a suitcase and bring your own torch!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret H
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Great place never get bored here stayed over 10 times always been a pleasure with the added pool sauna steam room great place .. Good bar also has entertainment at weekend and different theme nights which are also good ... Rooms are clean and nice style love the big windows you can see all over town .. Also you have the cinema an food places bowling arcade and more literally a 2 min walk away ... Fab

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 5 October 2013

While there was nothing wrong with this hotel, the room was clean & nice enough I just expected a bit more given the price for an overnight stay!

For a start at £99 a night I'd expect to have some basic toiletries available in the bathroom & I'm not so keen on the whole wet room idea either I'd much prefer a shower over the bath! The bathroom could also use some form of ventilation or a fan.
It would have been nice if the room had a proper wardrobe & not just a hanging rail over a desk, that and then you wouldn't just have an ironing board randomly dumped against the wall as there's nowhere else for it to go!
Don't be fooled by the hotels description that you get sky tv in your room realistically you get channels 1-5, sky sports & a couple of other random channels - you don't even get all the normal free view channels.

Now to the good - having free wifi was great (maybe some instructions on connecting should be available in the room though) and the food was pretty good too, I had dinner in the pub which was showing the football & then breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I came to the village for a friends birthday party. It was a 'decades explosion' party night. Room was quite full, which wasn't too much of a surprise. I believe a lot of people were from groupon. I was shown to my seat by a man in a grey suit, with a light beard. When my meals arrived, I thought they tasted good. The soup wasn't to my taste, but the rest of the meal was perfect. The bar was full, and I had to wait, but the staff were friendly and welcoming. One Barman stood out in particular. The blonde lad called Brad, who looked really young, knew exactly what he was doing. He advised me on the different types of wine, even allowing me to taste first. I chose the Wandering Bear rose, which was really fruity and delicious. I bought 3 bottles, I loved it that much. Thank you Brad for helping me choose a great bottle of wine! Some of the drinks were a little expensive, however the pub has special offers on, and you're allowed to bring drinks through. A double vodka and coke only costs a fiver, which is great value for such a high classs establishment. My friend stayed the night, and told me her room was wonderful. I already had a taxi booked, and no change of clothes, otherwise I too would have stayed! There's an italian restaurant aswell, and that looked really popular, and the prices were cheap! Overall, I loved the night, and I look forward to hopefully many more nights like this at the village!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight with my wife as a getaway overnight break. Lovely modern clean room. Walk in shower was a nice touch. Polite & friendly staff. Very relaxed reception area. Ample car parking. Nice buffet style breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 14 September 2013

The welcome to the hotel was very good. I found the dark glass building of the hotel very off putting, the stair case up to the first floor and the bedroom was also very dark. The restaurant was unable to deal with a large party very easily. The price of a bottle of wine in the bar was almost double of that in the restaurant and a glass was £10. The beer was very good and well kept.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Manchester Hyde Hotel
#3 of 3 in Ashton-under-Lyne
Barton Villa
Barton Villa
#1 of 1 in Dukinfield

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Ashton? Share your experiences!