“Big change”

Village Hotel Manchester Ashton
newcastle UK
“Big change”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Having stayed at the village hotel in Dec and not being very pleased we decided to give it another try and what a change, same hotel but staff seemed more friendly and helpful we decided to go UPPER DECK nice but not a lot different from standard room apart from Sky movies & sports not worth £20 per night.
The main reason for going back was the closeness of the Metrolink tram system a 5 min walk to the stop and a cheap trip into the city, also just out side the hotel is a food village and 12 screen cinema.

Room Tip: don't waste money on the Upperdeck
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Emily O, Guest Relations Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us at the Village Hotel Ashton. Your willingness to share your thoughts is appreciated.
Im so pleased you gave the hotel another chance after not being happy the time before, im glad you noticed a big improvement. The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Mobile: 07827902356

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Amesbury, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Nice hotel, we stayed I a feature room but for the money I paid was somewhat disappointed. Expected the room to be more upgraded than it was. Bathroom also very basis nothing special. Lifts were not so good, one making a terrible noise and the other broke down. We ate in the restaurant which overall was good, however a drink was brought to my table which was not ordered, told the waitress this and she took away, however she left it on my bill. Only other let down to the evening meal was waiting for dessert, after half an hour no one had come to take order so we finally had to ask. Breakfast was not so organised and whilst being shown to our table the manager stopped to ask one of her waitresses to clear a table, the waitress said can't another waitress to it, the manager told her no that she required her to do it. Meanwhile we are still waiting to be taken to our table. Manager did apologise, I however found this very unprofessional. I asked for my eggs to be flipped as I do not like eggs with all the slime on them and you would have thought I asked the chef to jump from the top floor. He honoured my request but he made me feel awkward for asking. The restaurant service does let the hotel down but with that said the evening meal was good, just needs better management with the staff. Would I stay at this hotel again, yes I would but I would not book a feature room as I think they are totally over priced for what it is and not really reflective of what is advertised on their web site. Parking was also extremely hard to find and we had to ring hotel three times before we finally found it.

Room Tip: Feature rooms not with the money, nothing special
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

The De Vere Group is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. We sincerely regret we fell short of our goal in this instance. Your comments are important to the success of our organisation, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs,i would like to let you know that since your stay we have taken on a brand new restaurant manager which vast improvments have taken place, we hope this hasnt put you off using us again and will hopefully like to welcome you back to the hotel int he future, do contact myself on the details below if you do plan to stay with us again.

If I can be of any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Cheshire
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Just got back from a night stay at this hotel, we were staying here and attending a wedding at same.
The hotel, room, staff, facilities, food all excellent.
Where we felt let down was prior to arrival.
Check in was shown on booking as 3pm, we tried in vain to get this moved for ONE room to 1pm, as travelling and wanted to check in freshen up before wedding 9 miles away at 2pm.
Sent several emails - no replies. Member of family went to see "wedding planner" not flexible and a definite - no.
Checking in, our room had already been paid for and I had the receipt, receptionist was adamant I had to pay another £40... eventually (10 mins later) sorted, with no further payment.
Everything about the hotel is premium, no complaints, they just need to be more flexible on check in times and professional at check in.
Apart from above , the rest of the day/night was superb. Food, staff , rooms - V Good.
I wouldn't let the above put me off staying again,

Room Tip: Park at the front of hotel if possible, sides are onto business park type area.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Emily O, General Manager at Village Hotel Manchester Ashton, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your recent review and im glad that you did enjoy your stay overall, regarding your problems before you checked in I have investigated this with the Reception manager and it has been confirmed that for guests attending a Wedding or travelling with children the early arrival fee is waivered and we try at all opportunities to get the guest access to their room prior to the guaranteed check in time of 3pm. This has been filtered down to the whole team to ensure that all guests receive the same high level of customer service that we are very proud of at our property. We are both saddened that on this occasion we have fallen short of these expectations. With regards to the email requests you sent I can only apologise that no-one got back to you; during the months of Feb/ March we did experience some technical issues which was resulting in emails and reservation confirmation not being sent or received 100% of the time. I appreciate that this is not the issue of the customer and am pleased to confirm that this has now been rectified to avoid any similar issues arising in the future.

We hope you to return to us in the future.

Sean Burns
sean.burns@village-hotels.com
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

A good choice for a short stay. Comfortable , well equipped funky rooms, large pool and great gym as well as Starbucks in the lobby area. The newly extended tram link outside to central manchester is a great extra too. We stayed here but travelled into manchester to avoid traffic jams and expensive parking fees.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Village Hotel Ashton, i have fed it back to the relevant departments. Im glad you enjoyed the NEW use of the handy tram line right outside the hotel to!
We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, if i can be of any further assistance please dont hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Stayed for one night, rooms are lovely but our view wasn't the best.. Think it was the function room roof?? Breakfast great selection but we went elsewhere for evening meal, plenty of restaurants nearby that are cheaper.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is clean and functional. We booked two rooms. One for us and one for my parents. On the plus side, we found it quiet, and clean. The hotel looked new, so everything appeared clean and unworn. The bathroom was huge, with nice fittings. The room was tastefully decorated and had blackout curtains (bliss). There was an iron and board in the room, which was handy. The bed was huge and comfy. Breakfast was of a reasonable quality, but lacked variety. The swimming pool looked big, although we didn't have time to go. Staff were friendly and helpful. The parking was plentiful and the location was great, for car users.
On the negative side, I did find it a bit overpriced. We booked a family room, which was quite small and looked like a normal room with a "put me up" bed for our daughter, which was narrow. Because of the layout of the room it was wedged up against the drawers, so we couldn't open them. There were only two mugs and one chair (for three people). There was no wardrobe, just a rail with hangers, which were so high up I couldn't reach them. There were no complimentary toiletries in the bathroom, just the soap dispenser type, which made the bathroom look like a public loo. The bath was narrow at the bottom, which caused me almost to loose my footing. My dad fell over in the bath in his room. My brother in law used the toilet in the lobby and when he went to exit, the handle came off in his hand and had to wait until someone came in so that he could get out.
The evening meal was overpriced for poor quality food, although our daughter ate free, which was a pleasant surprise (her's was the nicest meal!), but we had to wait a long time for our food.
On the whole the hotel was functional and ideally located, but basic and a bit expensive for what it was.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us here at the Village Ashton.

Im glad overall that you enjoyed your stay with us, but am sorry you found us slightly overpriced, we try to ensure our prices are reasonable and often have offers on our website www.village-hotels.com, sometimes if there is alot going on in the area and we are busy are prices will be slightly higher than usual.
Try one of our upperdeck bedrooms next time, they are only £20 to upgrade to and alot more spacious!
I have passed all your feedback on to the relevant departments and this will be noted and taken seriously.

We hope to welcome you back to the Village Ashton in the near future.

emily.ohara@village-hotels.com

I hope this hasnt put you off visiting us again in the future.
New Mills, High Peak
Reviewed 9 March 2014

All aspects of the stay at this hotel were excellent. Unfortunately we did not use the spa facilities.
We only stayed for one night but were very impressed, we will be back and we can certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your good feedback its much apreciated, hopefully we will welcome you back to the hotel again V.Soon!!

emily.ohara@village-hotels.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashton-under-Lyne
Village Hotel Manchester Hyde
Village Hotel Manchester Bury
Barton Villa
Barton Villa
#1 of 1 in Dukinfield

Been to Village Hotel Manchester Ashton? Share your experiences!