I stayed here 3 nights a week for 18 months while on a long term contract in the local area ending in the summer this year. The hotel staff were fantastic, welcoming me by name each week and always making time for a chat. Having stayed in almost every room my favourites were the king rooms but all rooms were large, clean and well equipped a real home from home. I ate in the restaurant only for breakfast which had a good selection of hot and cold food. The local area is beautiful and a local map provided by reception gave plenty of walks or runs through the nearby woods. I really felt welcome here right up to the manager who bought me dinner on my last evening and took the time to talk to me. I hope to go back again, maybe with my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Potters Heron Hotel nestled in the heart of Hampshire, near Winchester, Romsey and Eastleigh,and recognise it by its distinctive gabled thatched roof and traditional features. The hotel is located just 3 Miles from IBM HQ .Once inside guests can relax in one of our 53 comfortable bedrooms or enjoy the attractive surroundings of our contemporary refurbished bar restaurant over a delicious meal and chilled glass of wine. Within easy distance from major roads [M3 J12] The Potters Heron is an ideal venue for all occasions, be it business or pleasure.The Restaurant features informal lunch and dinner, with freshly cooked seasonal changing specialities, both regional and international. In the summer we have an "al fresco" sun terrace with wide umbrellas available. In the winter we have a cosy log fire to warm you up. Open 7 days a week from 9.30 Am til late, our large restaurant bar is stocked with international lagers, quality ciders and 3 Hampshire Ales on tap, a large wine selection lists wines by grape variety which enables you to select your favourite wine by flavour, either by the glass or bottle. Sunday lunch with succulent roasts from 12 - 3pm Morning cappuccinos from 9.30 Am, afternoon tea, espresso and liqueurs for the evening. Last orders at 9.30 Pm. Plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout, THE meeting place in the green....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Potters Heron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Potters Heron Hotel Ampfield
- Potters Heron Romsey
- Potters Heron Hotel Romsey
- The Potters Heron Ampfield, Hampshire, UK