This is a lovely hotel, very scenic, which on a summer's day no doubt looks stunning. Due to the reception area being so large, it was rather chilly both on arrival and departure, but nicely laid out, and the Christmas decorations were very good. Staff exceptionally friendly both on checking in and also in the restaurant for an evening meal and again at breakfast. Evening meal was taken with 20 plus people, pre ordered food which was nicely presented and very tasty. Staff again very helpful and friendly. Restaurant, could rather like the rest of the place, be a little warmer, it is winter, so some extra heat would have been good. My bedroom was lovely, enormous and comfortable bed, good hot shower, all facilities etc. Would like to stay here on a lovely summer's day, but recommend this regardless.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will find Potters Heron Hotel nestled in the heart of Hampshire, near Winchester, Romsey and Eastleigh,and recognise it by its distinctive gabled thatched roof and traditional features. The hotel is located just 3 Miles from IBM HQ .Once inside guests can relax in one of our 53 comfortable bedrooms or enjoy the attractive surroundings of our contemporary refurbished bar restaurant over a delicious meal and chilled glass of wine. Within easy distance from major roads [M3 J12] The Potters Heron is an ideal venue for all occasions, be it business or pleasure.The Restaurant features informal lunch and dinner, with freshly cooked seasonal changing specialities, both regional and international. In the summer we have an "al fresco" sun terrace with wide umbrellas available. In the winter we have a cosy log fire to warm you up. Open 7 days a week from 9.30 Am til late, our large restaurant bar is stocked with international lagers, quality ciders and 3 Hampshire Ales on tap, a large wine selection lists wines by grape variety which enables you to select your favourite wine by flavour, either by the glass or bottle. Sunday lunch with succulent roasts from 12 - 3pm Morning cappuccinos from 9.30 Am, afternoon tea, espresso and liqueurs for the evening. Last orders at 9.30 Pm. Plenty of free parking and free Wi-Fi throughout, THE meeting place in the green....... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Potters Heron reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Potters Heron Hotel Ampfield
- Potters Heron Romsey
- Potters Heron Hotel Romsey
- The Potters Heron Ampfield, Hampshire, UK