“Great food”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
England
“Great food”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Food was great and I can't add to others peoples comments. Atmosphere was great too, the only negative was the time it took for staff to take out order. It didn't matter as everyone in our party was enjoying themselves and time wasn't an issue. Will definitely be back. Recommend reservations on weekends.

• Visited June 2014

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Where do I start”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Where do I start, this pub is fantastic the atmosphere, the food, the beer, the service, staff are top notch, we have been several times now, we have taken several family members and friends and they love it too. They say pubs aren't what they use to be, well this is an exception, so glad we came across this little gem, would definitely recommend, you do need to book and if you want to go at the weekend give yourselves a couple of weeks to book before hand, the only down side for us is we don't live close enough!!! We need to drive, so take it in turns, suppose we could always move closer..........

• Visited June 2014
Liverpool
“Fantastic! Can't fault! Will be back! ”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Where to start?! This pub was recommended to me by a friend and so after waiting weeks to get a table we finally did and wow it was well worth the wait!

The service was wonderful from the off! We were greeted by a girl who had a big smile on her face and seemed happy to be at work. She showed us to our seat before another friendly waitress came and took a drinks order. The drinks were brought by a waiter who had a joke with us and made us feel at home. For the rest of the evening we were served by two waitresses (Gabbi and charlotte I think they said they were called) who looked after us, always making sure we had drinks, our food was okay and if we needed anything. Both obviously well trained by management and enjoying their job. Well done girls.

The food was fantastic also. We all had starters which were served quickly after our order was taken. We had black pudding which was just right and a pate which had a beautiful texture. We were then served out mains which were cooked to perfection. Both plates came exactly as described on the menu, beautifully present and very tasty. The only criticism.. They are big portions. The deserts also delicious! I want the recipe for the baileys cheesecake! Would recommend.

Toilets very clean and hygienic, tables well laid out and neatly set and presentable and lovely atmosphere. Very clever idea also to put menus in old encyclopaedias. Pub filled with antiques which me and my parter admired. All in all a great pub.

The manager and his wife were also on the floor keeping track of what was going on. Clearly interested in the customers and making sure they are happy with the service and food.

I will certainly be back! Recommend to anybody but BOOK IN ADVANCE!

Well done The Hop Vine

Bolton England
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Visited the Hop Vine on 26th May 2014 they had a beer festival on at the time. We had a fabulous day even though we spend all our time in the outside beer garden and ate the food out there it was brilliant.
The food was well cooked, hot and delicious. We went on the train and it is just a couple of minutes walk to the Hop Vine. Will definitely be going back.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can never knock this places...food and service are spot on...”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

The food is really good. every time I visit I tell my self I will try something else as a main but Im always ending up with the Jd bbq chicken melt. it is to die for. the portions are great an so its the price of everything. I will be looking forward to visiting in July for My Husbands Birthday. He has never been and his fave meal ever is chicken melt I cant wait for him to try it. Also would like to thank Ben for Suggesting this place to eat...will always be happy to come back.

• Visited April 2014