“Fabulous”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blue Mallard

The Blue Mallard
Ranked #2 of 22 Restaurants in Burscough
Cuisines: European, British, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, View, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Blue Mallard located at Burscough Wharf; a unique, canalside development in the heart of Burscough town centre, is owned and run by Chris, a local lad who is passionate about great food and top-rate dining. With a menu boasting a whole host of regional foods and traditional dishes, refined to the highest standards, and given a contemporary finish, The Blue Mallard sets itself apart from any other restaurant in the area.Whether it is a light bite, a lazy lunch or a special weekend treat you are looking for, The Blue Mallard promises something for everyone, delivered in a comfortable and relaxed environment.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Had lunch here on 24/06/14 we had three courses each, the food was of the highest quality, I would recommend the beetroot salad with goats cheese and walnuts to start followed by the tarragon chicken and of course sticky toffee pud to finish, I couldn't eat until the next day, the portions are VERY substantial, the cost is very reasonable, in fact it would have paid more the quality was so good.
Service was Aldo excellent, I cannot recommend this restaurant enough, we will definitely go back.

Preston, England
“Ladies' Night Out”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We visited here as a group of 32 ladies for an evening out. We had pre-booked our food from a special menu they had put together from us. There was plenty of choice on the menu as well as being able to pay slightly extra for Steak or Fish & Chips. I chose the Steak and it was delicious, The accompaniments (creamed mushrooms, roasted tomatoes and onions, fat crispy chips and Diane Sauce) went really well with the beautifully cooked medium rare steak that was served on a wooden board. I also had a little pot of Garlic Butter for my steak which finished it off perfectly. The other 31 ladies had a selection of choices and everyone said their choice was excellent. The waiting on staff were really good and constantly brought fresh vegetables for us and drinks when ordered. The restaurant was busy but nothing was too much trouble for them.

There was a WOW factor when we walked into the restaurant - the decor is lovely and I would definitely come back here again. Next time I would love a window seat by the side of the canal. The only criticism I would have is that there is a terrace where people can smoke and when the door is open the smoke does waft into the restaurant. I shut the door a couple of times but the party outside kept leaving it open when they came into the restaurant itself.

Chorley, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The food here is second to none you always get an amazing choice of specials tonight l had the monkfish with orange and fennel salad really tasty fish and the salad was full of flavour l went for a fish main as well which was pollock which was just as good the service was excellent nothing was to much trouble lots of good wines to chose from looking forward to visiting again .

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“disappointing”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Went here for a hen do. Wouldn't go again. The restaurant was not even that busy but the service was shocking. We had to leave the table and go queue at a bar every time we wanted a drink. My starter was parfait but had a strong taste of brie!!! I wasn't asked what was wrong with it and didn't want to make a fuss. However, the main of chicken and chorizo was that dry it was a struggle to swallow. After 15 minutes looking at the untouched food I stopped themanager as he was passing and told him the mains were overcooked. To be fair he did take the food off the bill but I came out starving and made egg and chips when UI got in. Overpriced, poor service and bad food. Be wary

Visited May 2014
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Fabulous restaurant”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fantastic menu, quality and presentation of food and excellent service! Faultless and I highly recommend the Blue Mallard!

Visited June 2014