“Always good.”

Lancaster, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always good.”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Have been here for years and it's always been nice. Never had a problem or had a bad meal. Will come back.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Interval77

Wigan Lancs
“Pretty average and better than supermarket chinease meals”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Been away in Carnforth for a few days and decided to get a takeaway one night.
My wife and I always get the same meal, a special schezuan,fried rice, chips,portion of curry sauce and a portion of barbecue ribs,(excuse the spelling),

We have had this meal in a few locations so kind of expect some sort of consistency, I realize this is a little difficult with this particular meal but I must say I was a little disappointed overall due to the oil in the bottom of the rice carton(which I didn't show my wife or she would have left it), plus there was no chinease pork or prawns in the special schezuan(but there was a few shrimps,chicken and beef) the barbecue sauce on the ribs was very watery also more like a juice.
There has been some decent feedback for this chippy on trip advisor but I would give it a 6/10.Oh bye the way it cost £2.00 more for the meal than normal and £1.90 for a small bag of prawn crackers that my local chippy give away free on orders over £10.00, so all in all £3.90 more, as the meal in total cost about £17.00.

The problem could be that my bar is raised very high due to my local takeaway being soooo good.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TBEC
Gisburn, United Kingdom
“A rare find”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Friday night takeaway - this was a refreshing change to the normal Chinese takeaways which are cooked 'for the English' with lots of gloopy sauce and oil. This was fresh and tasty. I had the Singapore noodles.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jude270865
“Good takeaway!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I agree with the previous review. Nice fresh cooking. Egg fried rice lightly fried not dripping in oil or over fried. Chef cooked a variation on spicy szchaun specially for me! Good service and good value for money. Very pleased!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank mikeyc38
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Excellent chinese carry out.....”
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Sunday evening at 7pm and looking for something to eat in and around Carnforth. Found this place, that looked to have been a fish and chip shop and thought we'd give it a try. We orderded egg fried rice, vegetable spring rolls, sweet and sour pork and chicken chow mein. We both thought the food was going to be the normal carry out fare. However, we got back to our hotel and found that the food was excellent. Everything was prepared fresh ..chicken chow mein was tasty....bean sprouts and noodles were done to perfection. The chicken was tasty and not cooked to death the pork was tasty and the sauce was bang on and not to tart. Overall this was one of the best chinese carry outs I have ever had. So good we went back the next day and had the same again but with chicken sweet and sour. Cost each time was around £13!!! Try this place and I do not think you will be disappointed.

• Visited July 2013