We stayed at The Punch Bowl whilst visiting family. From the moment we arrived we could not be made more welcome Both the owner and staff we're very helpful and we felt like nothing would be too much trouble.
We both have very busy lives and it was just lovely relaxing with a drink next to the crackling log fire with no-one around but "JD" the resident chocolate lab who kept us thoroughly entertained (the inn was closed in between mealtimes).
We checked in our room and it was just lovely. Exceptionally clean with a complimentary drinks fridge stocked with soft drinks which was a great surprise. It was also equipped with tea and coffee facilities. The bathroom again spotless with complementary soaps etc but also and had luxury extras you would find in a top quality London hotel including toothbrush (which was a blessing as we had forgotten ours), sewing kit, shower cap and travel razor etc.
After a night out we came back to a toasty warm room and the bed was lovely and comfy.
Breakfast was literally a foodie heaven with cereal to start and the biggest freshly cooked plate of sausage, egg, bacon, beans, black-pudding, fried bread, toast tomatoes and lashings of tea. I just wish I could of eaten it all.
Overall we had a lovely stay and the Punch Bowl offers exceptional value for money. We will definitely stay again and cannot recommend enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punchbowl is a National Multi Award Winning Pub set in the heart of Shropshire's finest country side. Stunning views from the gardens and terrace. A truly family run business preserving the traditions of fine English Fayre and superior accommodation. 16th Century Country Inn with Bar and dining facilities and real open fires roaring in the winter months serving great food, and specializing in AGA carveries and a full gastro menu, we regularly have real ales on all year round. A warm welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LateRooms so you can book your Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Punchbowl Hotel Bridgnorth
- Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn Bridgnorth, Shropshire