I am new to this, but I feel as my first ever review I want it to be none other than this restaurant.
We arrived In shropshire last week visiting relatives. Having sampled different restaurants most evenings. We decided to use the Punchbowl as our last and final venue before heading home. We booked a table for Saturday, April 26th at lunch time.
Yes......we clearly left the best until last. We arrived and were greeted by a sweet, smiling face. I believe her name may have been Diana/Donna.
She seated us in a lovely part of the restaurant. Which may I add was beautifully decorated.
I have a disabled husband, and it was lovely to see no steps!
We approached the bar and found another friendly face ready to serve us.
The choice of 'real ales' pleased my husband, which takes a lot.
The gentleman who served him allowed my husband to taste a small sample of each ale before choosing his favourite. This was a lovely touch.
We all decided to go for the carvery, which looked beautifully presented, and even included a 'live aga' this was completely new to us, but an excellent idea!
All food looked fantastic and so fresh!
Again, the young lady who seated us appeared to offer help for my disabled husband, she carried his plate and took his arm to help him back to his seat. This was so generous as I could get mine at the same time. (You have to pay for that kind of service back in London)
The food......I will not use any other words than.....the best carvery we have ever had the pleasure to taste! The flavours and freshness left a mouth watering feeling in my mouth!
When finished, a very Jolly chap cleared our plates. I believe his name was Chris, which may I add is a brilliant idea having the names off staff printed on the work uniform. It makes it easy to praise or complain about that member of staff. All business' should take note of this idea!
Sadly though, to my huge disappointment. I could not manage a pudding after the wonderful main meal.
Overall, this was the perfect venue to end our time in Shropshire!
Lovely, friendly staff, beautiful layout. And amazing food!
I would like you to pass on a huge thank you to Diana, who I believe had only started her first shift that day. (If a new member of staff is trained to that level of customer care, your experienced staff must be a credit to your business) the gentleman behind the bar. And Chris. They made our visit much more comfortable and nothing was ever to much trouble!
Having a disabled husband can often affect days out, but we left this venue on such a high!
Thank you to all, and chefs, you should be very proud! Your carvery is outstanding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Punchbowl is a National Multi Award Winning Pub set in the heart of Shropshire's finest country side. A truly family run business preserving the traditions of fine English Fayre and superior accommodation. 16th Century Country Inn with Bar and dining facilities and real open fires roaring in the winter months serving great food and specializing in carveries and a full menu, we regularly have real ales on all year round. A warm welcome awaits you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Punchbowl Hotel Bridgnorth
- Ye Olde Punchbowl Inn Bridgnorth, Shropshire