“Another visit with excellent food/service”
Review of The Down Inn

The Down Inn
Ranked #1 of 28 Bridgnorth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2013

We have lost count of the amount of times we have visited The Down Inn. The food is exceptional, hospitality good, we have had many family occassions and the staff have always been excellent. The food is great, a variety on the menu but they have the best carvery you can wish for. Great for family occassions, parties and a cosy meal by the open fire. FAB. We spent Boxing Day 2012 at the Down Inn and we again was not disappointed. Well done and much appreciated

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank alan g

Reviewed 19 December 2012

After visiting the inn a few times for their delicious cavery we thought we,d give it a try for our xmas party on the 15th Dec. We were not disappointed.
The service was very good. All the staff were friendly and efficient. Food was delicious, Disco was varied with a great party atmosphere. No complaints. A good time was had by all.
We will deffinately be going back again.
No one stayed over but maybe next time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank markkathy
Reviewed 4 December 2012

We arrived in the dark and left after breakfast so didnt get a really good look at The Down Inn, but when we arrived it was friendly and welcoming. Check in was very straight forward and we were shown up to a very spacious and spotlessly clean room. We then went down to the bar for a meal, it was busy and full of chatter. The staff were very helpful. My husband had the carvery which he said was very good, I had a curry which I have to say wasnt the best (wish I had had the carvery too). Breakfast the next morning was spot on, plenty of coffee, fresh fruit, cereals and full english, very nicely cooked. The view from our bedroom at sunrise was beautiful, a clear crisp and icy morning, shame I didnt take the camera.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JacquelineSomerset
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Just got back from spending 3 lovely days at the Down Inn, what can i say but FABULOUS, everything was superb could not fault anything, the carvery is lush everthing is so fresh and the meat very tender,we will most certainly stay there again hopefully in 2013, I booked direct with the Down Inn which worked out very well, the girls Nicki and Sandra are hilarious really made are stay complete.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MkLulu
Reviewed 8 November 2012

We decided to try The Down Inn as I had a couple of people to visit in the area.

It was a last minute decision to stay and as soon as I called up to see if they had any rooms I knew that this place would be good. The lady was so friendly and helpful and we got a great deal by booking direct with the hotel.

Our check in was seemless and the lady who checked us in seemed genuinely happy to see us. She was a breath of fresh air after a long journey in the cold and dark. The roaring log fire was a lovely welcoming touch also.

Our room ( Room 2 ) was perfect. Spotlessly clean, warm, spacious and very well equipped. The bed was so comfortable.

We decided to have a carvery in the evening ( having read the reviews on TA ) and we were so impressed. I always remember being taken to a carvery in the 1970's as a child by my parents and remember how much of a treat that seemed. ( Thick slices af meat, crispy roast potatoes and perfect vegetables ! ) My opinion of carveries has been somewhat tainted during adulthood due to the "cheap and nasty" chains that have appeared everywhere. That was until I had The Downs Inn carvery...it brought back all those happy childhood memories of what a "real" carvery should be.

It was perfect and so filling...not to mention great value at £8.50!

Due to the really comfortable bed we actually overslept and missed breakfast! I was so impressed that the lady who checked us in offered to make us one despite our late showing! We declined but what about that for quality of service and kindness.

With so many inns closing and struggling I always ask myself what is the formula for success. I honestly do not know what the answer is but one thing is for sure....The Downs Inn knows the answer! It is a blue print for everything that is good about the traditional British Inn.

We loved every minute of our stay.

Thank you all for making our stay so pleasant. We will certainly stay again.

Room Tip: Room 2 is lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cags1970
Reviewed 27 October 2012

We recently visited The Downs for Sunday Lunch, and found the place to be great value for money.
Having had a bad experience at The Punchbowl, we decided to give The Downs a try, and so glad we did, nice people, very welcoming, great food, highly recommended.

Do yourself a favour, give the Punchbowl a miss, not worth it, and pay a visit to this establishment, you will not be disappointed, a lovely welcoming business.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sparky092
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Stayed twice at the Down Inn while in the area forwork, each time the room was very spacious and clean.
The staff are helpfull and efficient.
Breakfast served from 7 am and is good quality.
Beer is good and fresh , twisted spire kept well.
Carvery is ample but maybe the beef was a little over done for my taste.
Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business