“Best ever group meal experience”
Review of The Danery

The Danery
Ranked #31 of 101 Restaurants in Bridgnorth
Price range: US$12 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated on the A442 just outside Bridgnorth in the Village of Quatford. The Danery is a family run freehold food Pub serving a fine selection of Beers and Cask Ales complimented to a varied food menu full of favorites like Steak & Kidney, Battered Cod and Steaks cooked to your preference. A large beer garden to the side of the Pub is ideal for families, with benches and a play Elephant to keep everyone happy. Next to The Danery a Self Catering Unit called The Brewhouse is a tastefully converted Loft Apartment sleeping 2 people (there is the capability for sleeping 4 with the sofa bed layout)Comprising of a bedroom area, (two single or double bed layout), high spec bathroom, lounge area, well equipped Modern kitchen, Fully central heated and double glazed; Complete with colour TV and DVD player the Brewhouse is proving a very popular retreat.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Best ever group meal experience”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

The walking group I am involved with go away twice a year, and also arrange meals once a month for its members, and have done so for about 5 years. Last weekend we found ourselves in Shropshire for the weekend and chose to book a meal for 20 people at The Danery for one evening. Nothing was too much trouble from the first phone call, and in subsequent telephone calls when we had to alter the expected numbers. Even on the evening of the meal when we turned up with an extra person, again, this wasn't a problem. You might think that turning up with extra people would be welcomed by any restaurant worth its salt, but believe me this is not always the case!
Even though the pub was really busy, the service provided was superb, in fact, the best we have ever received anywhere. The landlord of the pub took personal charge of us, and nothing was too much trouble for him, and the warmth and friendliness from both him, and every member of staff who served us was outstanding.
The food could not have been better either. Everything was served piping hot, and we did not have to wait long either. The ordering system was spot on, with each serving person having the name of the person whose food they were bringing out, and individual bills were provided for us to pay at the end of the evening.
I nearly didn't send this review in, because the landlord doesn't like Trip Advisor, but what the heck, if you get good service I think people should tell the world, and if you don't, tell the people who gave you the bad experience is my opinion.

1 Thank Asadman

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
“home from home”
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Where do I start? The amazing food, the genorous portions, the welcoming staff or the availability of good ale? I visit The Danery on a fairly regular basis with my wife and/or family. We are always greeted in a welcoming manner and our orders taken promptly. The food is gorgeous! My wife in particular is in love with the veggie lasagne, she has it each time eithout fail! We often book in advance as The Danery is so popular and we would hate to be dissapointed after travelli g for half an hour from Kidderminster. I would recommend having the half portion of fish and chips as I have yet to witness the full portion being consumed by any member of family, singularly or with help! Advised to book in advance and make plenty of room!! Desserts huge but lovely

Chester, United Kingdom
“''Wow what a lovely country pub''”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely food, lovely service and great atmosphere, defiantly will be going back , even our puppy loved it :-)

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good hearty English pub”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Lovely friendly staff , comfortable surroundings & good homemade food reasonably priced , we shall return & look forward to it :)

Visited March 2014
1 Thank hubbyshell
“First Class Carvery”
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

26:03:2014
Fancying a spot of lunch I drove to The Danery at Bridgnorth. Hoping that they may do their carvery Wednesday lunch time.
On arriving I was warmly welcomed by the landlady and owner and promptly ordered a turkey carvery this was from a choice of three meats, at the same time ordering bakewell tart as a pudding plus a J2O total cost £11:05 which I thought was extremely good value.
After seating myself and in quite a short amount of time the meal arrived.
3 large, thick slices of Turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing ball, all accompanied with a separate dish of piping hot vegetables, mash, carrots, leeks plus a top up of gravy separately.
There are meals that are good value and OK, but this carvery falls into the good value but exceptional.
The owner checked if all was ok and it was!
I had by now decided to switch from the bakewell tart as ordered to maybe something lighter and having spotted a fellow diner with apple tart and custard switched.
The plates from the carvery were promptly cleared and the pudding arrived
Good sized portion of tart complete with hot fresh custard.
So if your out and about in Bridgnorth drive out to the Danery you really will not be disappointed.

Graham Steed