“Friendly!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Hullbridge, United Kingdom
“Friendly!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The restaurant staff were very welcomming. The food arrived without delay. Good value for money! Would definitely go back!

Visited June 2014

west midlands
“Holly Bush NIL Plough 10 out of 10”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My son and I decided to go out for tea 17 th July and having tried to go to the Hollybush in Ebstree a couple of Mondays ago to find they do not serve food on Mondays we thought we would try again. Arrived at pub at 19 20 ish to find 4 people eating inside and about 3 tables of people outside. Entered pub and asked for menu to be told by a not so friendly waitress that there would be around 1 hr wait for food as they were busy !!. so we left. We then decided to drive around and find somewhere else. We ended up in Claverley and found the Plough. On arrival we had a little trouble parking as the car park was very busy but we found a little space. The tables outside were full of happy people chatting, eating and drinking . On enterering the pub we could see it was busy but we approached the bar and asked for the menu. A very nice young man informed us that they could just squeeze us in if we ordered in the next 10 minutes as although they were almost full now they had a party of 20 booked in shortly too and another couple of small bookings. He took our drinks order and sorted us a table which was near the door. When he bought our drinks over he then informed us that there was a better table just being vacated and they would clean it for us. The young girl cleaned the other table and we swopped. Our food was served and my did it look good !! not like most pub meals that get served up. We had both opted for the belly pork with veg but one with chips and one with potatoes. The food certainly did not dissapoint it was amazing. The young girls serving are extremely polite and friends and have smiling faces. The young man who we assumed was manager was here there and everywhere making sure everyone was having a good time and getting the best out of the evening. He did have to turn people away for food but that was because they were genuinly busy. We were offered the dessert menu. but were both too full to want to eat anymore . then I flipantly said " You should serve it in a box to take away " the young girl repeated this to the young man in charge and even tho he was run off his feet his reply was " Why not but the ice cream might suffer " so off they went with our orders and bought them back boxed up for us to bring home.
Upon going to pay I found out that the young mans name was Mark and he indeed was not the manager but that the manager had gone on holiday and he had been left in charge.
Well all I can say to the manager is you could not have left the pub in the hands of anyone better ! This young man never stood still all the time we were in there he was backwards and forwards making sure everyone had the service they deserved.
We both agreed this was the best night out we had had for a long time with food and service that certainly excelled. so much so I have requested that my children take me back for my birthday meal in a couple of weeks.
It is certainly a place to visit you will not be dissapointed. Excellent staff, excellent service and excellent food. . By the way I really enjoyed my strawberry and apple crumble later too xx

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank no2fan
West Midlands
“Last Minute Lunch :) :) :)”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

My partner and myself decided at the last minute to go out for lunch, we decided to have a drive out, and came across The Plough, i had already seen on trip advisor and thought we would give it a bash.
We arrived quite late for lunch and i thought maybe they would say they had stopped serving, but no we were greeted in, and sat.
i ordered the Haddock Florentine, and my partner had the Fish and Chips, the pub served real ale which the other half was happy with :) the food came piping hot and presented well, it was delicious every part and the new potatoes cooked perfectly,.
i would deffinately recommend this to all groups, the staff are really friendly and nothing too much trouble, we will return no doubt about it, thank you for a lovely meal.

• Visited June 2014
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Great pubs can still be found”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

A pub we always enjoy visiting when in the area.
The Plough is a lovely traditional friendly pub with a good selection of beers from local breweries.
There is an extensive menu of restaurant and bar meals, and everything we've chosen has been freshly made and tasted great. Sunday lunch is a treat.

• Visited May 2014
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Great village pub”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I have used The Plough for some time now for meals with family and friends. Day or night, week or weekend, the food is always superb and the welcome warm. I have yet to find anywhere else locally that is so reliable and where I would be so happy to return to time and time again.

• Visited May 2014