My friend and I stayed at the Wheelwright Arms in August and we were very impressed. I don't really understand the negative reviews, but that said, I've only seen the room we stayed in. Our room was a twin, and was a very good size. The bathroom was lovely, and also a good size. The room had teas/coffee/hot chocolate and was decorated very tastefully. They had Classic FM playing on the tv when we entered the room, and whilst this may not be to everyones taste, we found it very welcoming and relaxing!
The staff were all very friendly and accommodating.The food was very good, we had dinner and breakfast there, and on both occasions the waiter/waitress did whatever they could to make it an enjoyable experience. I agree that the actual pub area is quite small, but it adds to the charm of the place. I also agree £135/room is quite steep, I think £95 or so would be more in line. The outside area can be noisy, but this did stop very quickly after closing time and it is, afterall, a pub so this should be somewhat expected!!
I would definitely stay here again and my friend & I would both recommend it to friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe, Bath