We were delighted to spend a few days at the Wheelwrights Arms in June 2013. The Wheelwrights is a pretty country inn in the village of Monkton Combe, about 4 miles outside of Bath... though you could easily imagine you were 100 miles from anywhere (in the best possible sense).
The hospitality of the staff was excellent - from a friendly chat to advice about the best place to park in town. If you do stay here, or even if you are just passing through, I'd recommend getting yourself a table and enjoying some of the excellent food and drink that they have on offer. This is no cheap pub grub, but definately worth every penny.
The rooms are a fair size and modern/rustic in design, in keeping with the setting and fabric of the old buildings.
We'd definately stay here again, though there were two small areas that I hope will have been altered in the future - the poor shape of the pillows (i'm fussy like that) and the odd absence of a shower hook. Otherwise, all very good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe, Bath