We came upon this delightful looking pub by accident when looking for accommodation in the Bath area. With charm abounding it was just what we were looking for. The room was large, comfortable and tastefully decorated. Unfortunately there was a damp smell and there was a dehumidifier running in the bathroom.
A lack of a proper shower in the bathroom meant trying to shower using the hand held showerhead over the bathtub, result water everywhere and hence the need for the dehumidifier. Even the prints on the wall above the bathtub were wet and had been wet many times. It was obvious this was an ongoing problem when looking at the water damage in the bathroom.
Our main problem was noise. Unbelievably the extremely loud noise of the pub compressors across the driveway kept us awake all night.
The meals were pleasant if a little expensive and the breakfast was very good.
We would not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Agoda so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe, Bath