This was our 2nd visit and we were not disappointed. We had spent the previous night in a Bath city centre hotel and were looking forward to the contrast. We arrived late Sunday afternoon to be greeted warmly by a young man behind the bar, and a lovely lady colleague who showed us to our room. They offered us our choice of tables for dinner that night as it was a quiet night so we chose one next to the open fire. After a quick drink at the bar with a great selection of wine I went to have a bath in the lovely bathroom with L'Occitane products, and then we returned for a delicious meal where we were again looked after by the lady from earlier - nothing was too much. It was a great evening, sitting by the fire eating, and drinking red wine. After the best night's sleep, we came back over for a faultless breakfast, served quietly and without fuss.. and again a great choice. We will certainly return - much as we love being in Bath itself this is like a little oasis of calm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wheelwrights Arms Country Inn is nestled in the peaceful village of Monkton Combe and surrounded by picturesque hills and valleys on the edge of Bath ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Wheelwrights Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wheelwrights Arms Hotel Monkton Combe
- Wheelwrights Arms Monkton Combe, Bath