“Two Day Corporate Offsite”
Review of Waterhouse

and 1 more site!
Waterhouse
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently attended a two day offsite in Bath with my company and stayed at Waterhouse.
The staff couldn't have been warmer, more accommodating or friendlier.
I can't fault the accommodation at all, it was clean, comfortable, spacious and had all the facilities that I needed.
The food was delicious and being a vegetarian, I was catered for.
I'll Definitely be back for a leisurely stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Extremely warm welcome from Simon and Gail (including a basket of goodies). They were both very helpful - full of advice and local knowledge. Very clean and tidy property, with great facilities. Rooms are excellent - comfortable bed, TV, fridge, kettle (with tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.), lots of wardrobe space. The shower doesn't look anything special but was impressively powerful. The kitchen has everything you could ever need (we were catering for 17 hungry blokes). The only thing I would mention is that the beds are all doubles - a few twin rooms may be a good idea for the future, as we were all sharing. Apparently they are planning a basement bar and games room - sounds like an excellent idea. Particular thanks to Gail for a top weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Having arrived late in the evening. It was refreshing to recieve such an enthusiastic welcome. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms were extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Free WiFi was a bonus as some hotels do charge for this as an extra. The owner Simon cooked the breakfast himself and again could not have been more friendly and helpful. He also cooks a very mean full English. I would recommend the Waterhouse to the discerning traveler wanting a few relaxing days away in the lovely city of Bath or the business traveler looking for clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2012

We have just arrived back from a 2 night stay at Waterhouse. This is a very unique place to stay as the accommodation/room is like that of a hotel but the hospitality and service are as you would expect from a B and B-so the best of both worlds really. The room is very modern and clean with all the facilities you would expect from a 4* hotel including tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary water, juice and milk in mini bar which was a lovely touch. Service was impeccable (perhaps the best we have ever encountered on our travels) and the staff made us feel extremely welcome and taken care of. The full english breakfast was delicious and the views from the room were amazing-in Summer I can imagine it is stunning. The receptionist Jane booked us a table for dinner and nothing was too much trouble.

There were just a few reservations with the hotel. Aside from the guest rooms, the building is used for functions and corporate events. As such, the building had quite a neutral, clinical atmosphere. I feel a few more warm touches, like flowers could be added to make it feel a bit more homely for guests. You reach the house down some extremely narrow roads with only the odd passing place. (The house itself is in a valley). They are not for the fainthearted, particularly at night and is worth noting if you are an unconfident driver as they are quite difficult. I can imagine some people may feel uncomfortable on them (I did but thankfully wasn't driving!). We did plan the second night so as not to have to drive down them in the dark. Also the double bed was on the small side. Our room (and a few others) overlook the reception/front area which means that at night and early morning you can hear people and cars arriving/leaving and automatic lights go on and off intermittantly outside lighting up the whole room. Also, the walls are like a hotel-thin and so can hear banging of doors and TV's etc from next door. For such a beautiful, remote setting this was a shame as we do love peace and quiet and in this respect the Waterhouse didn't quite live up to our expectations.

Overall, this is a lovely place to stay and we would like to thank the team for making us so welcome. We understand that this is a new venture and all suggestions for improvement were taken very seriously. I am sure the accommodation will go from strength to strength as small improvements are made.If you are visiting Bath or surrounding areas, I would unreservedly recommend the Waterhouse. If you don't mind navigating slightly tricky roads, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Room 6 had the most beautiful view over the valley. Really stunning.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We arrived at this hotel by default, our original hotel let us down badly at the last minute (16 of us) The Waterhouse could not have been better, the staff were fantastic. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we wanted. We arrived after travelling from Colchester and then Shopping in Bath to fresh Tea and Coffee and a very warm welcome. Superb location, great bedrooms, wonderful breakfast. This is a new venture but I am sure they will be successful. Well done to all of them for looking after us all so well. Highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms good, but I think room 7 has the bigger bed
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I had provisionally booked a room at a B&B in Monkton Combe. I took a slightly wrong turn & needed to turn round my reasonably long vehicle. I found a place at the end of the road to turn round that just happened to be a Hotel. I went into Reception on spec to enquire if I could turn round, park in their car park or stay the night. The reception I received from Jane on Reception & Gail the Hotel Manager was so friendly & enthusiastic that I booked a room. The Hotel is absolutely fantastic. The standard of decor suggests it has been fully refurbished recently & location is superb for anyone wanting to explore Bath. Gail has just taken over as the Hotel Manager, her entusiasm is infectious. I would recommed this Hotel to everybody.
I wish the whole team every success.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I wanted to get away for my 30th birthday so I decided that I wanted to go to Bath. I didn't want to stay in the middle of one city to another so I looked at somewhere just outside the city centre. I came across this hotel on late rooms.

The Waterhouse is a manor house surrounded by rolling hills of the countryside down a small lane about 2 and half miles outside Bath. Rooms are very nicely decorated with ensuite shower room, mini fridge, tea making facilities with complimentary condiments, hairdryer, tv, free wireless internet for laptops and a very comfy bed.

The staff were nice and friendly, Jane and Anthony made us feel very welcome and at home, providing us with information and going out of their way for our needs. Also Anthony whipped up an excellent full english breakfast as well as having the choice of cereals and fruit juices.

The local pub, The Wheelwrights is in the village on the other side of the river, you can walk there as there is a bridge that you can cross but if its muddy or dark then a car or taxi would be better, they serve food and local ales.

Getting into the city centre is very easy, 5 mins by car or taxi and the taxi fare is around £10 or on a nice day and if you are feeling fit you could even walk.

We would definitely stay at the Waterhouse again. We are thinking of going back in the spring/summer season so that we can do a bit of country walking as well visiting the beautiful city centre again for sites, shopping and spa treatments.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Waterhouse is now under new management with an evening menu available and bar facilities.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Monkton Combe
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Hilton Bath City
Hilton Bath City
#26 of 34 in Bath

Been to Waterhouse? Share your experiences!