“Stunning location, top quality rooms and excellent service”
Review of Waterhouse

and 1 more site!
Waterhouse
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have just come back from my second stay at this hotel and I am still very impressed. The hotel is located in the little village of Monkton Combe just 10 min car drive into the center of Bath. (To hire a taxi costs between 10-12 £ one-way). That way you have the opportunity to spend some time in Bath shopping and exploring the beautiful city but afterwards can enjoy the stunning countryside. The hotel is also located within walking distance of a boat, canoe and bike rental place.
The hotel itself is a stunning looking building with beautiful views over the countryside. It has just been refurbished to a very high standard and the rooms are a good size. The staff is just wonderful and very welcoming, especially Gail from reception. Every special request we had, was met! I cannot recommend this place highly enough.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Waterhouse

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at Waterhouse for 2 weeks as part of a business/entrepreneurial course at the beginning of May 2012. The place is set in a beautiful valley and itself is a beautiful building situated just above a river with fields all along its banks where I'd often walk when we had a bit of time out. I had my own beautiful room with a very comfortable bed, a beautiful view across the valley and a very nice and clean bathroom... Everything I want and need! There were also beautiful rooms (one of which is a library) where we did a lot of our actual work and I soon discovered on my morning runs that about 15/20mins away is a canal which is really nice to explore if you're an outdoors person. The staff were friendly and I'm definitely going back if I get a chance!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank James_Middleton
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Waterhouse is a lovely hotel run by the very friendly Simon and Gail a couple of miles outside of Bath. There are some beautiful walks around the area too, and the beds are surely some of the most comfortable I've ever slept in! Go ahead and book a few nights here, you won't be disappointed...

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2012

My fiancé and I have just returned from an overnight stay at the Waterhouse and I have to say that we were really happy with our stay. It was exactly what I was looking for when I booked as this was a birthday treat for my other half. It is charming in itslef as a building and the people running it are charming to add! The decor, cleanliness, attention to detail, and customer service was spot on. The chocolates, small bottles of wine and wifi in the rooms made for a very comfortable evening after being out in Bath all day. We will be going back again. Many thanks to the Manager, I think her name was Maggie (apologies to her if it isn't!) she was lovely and couldn't do enough. I would thoroughly recommend this place.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank IDB13
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I recently attended a two day offsite in Bath with my company and stayed at Waterhouse.
The staff couldn't have been warmer, more accommodating or friendlier.
I can't fault the accommodation at all, it was clean, comfortable, spacious and had all the facilities that I needed.
The food was delicious and being a vegetarian, I was catered for.
I'll Definitely be back for a leisurely stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Extremely warm welcome from Simon and Gail (including a basket of goodies). They were both very helpful - full of advice and local knowledge. Very clean and tidy property, with great facilities. Rooms are excellent - comfortable bed, TV, fridge, kettle (with tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc.), lots of wardrobe space. The shower doesn't look anything special but was impressively powerful. The kitchen has everything you could ever need (we were catering for 17 hungry blokes). The only thing I would mention is that the beds are all doubles - a few twin rooms may be a good idea for the future, as we were all sharing. Apparently they are planning a basement bar and games room - sounds like an excellent idea. Particular thanks to Gail for a top weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 February 2012

Having arrived late in the evening. It was refreshing to recieve such an enthusiastic welcome. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. The rooms were extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean as was the rest of the hotel. Free WiFi was a bonus as some hotels do charge for this as an extra. The owner Simon cooked the breakfast himself and again could not have been more friendly and helpful. He also cooks a very mean full English. I would recommend the Waterhouse to the discerning traveler wanting a few relaxing days away in the lovely city of Bath or the business traveler looking for clean and comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Bath
The George Inn
The George Inn
#2 of 5 in Norton St Philip

Been to Waterhouse? Share your experiences!