“Great location, shame about the price and the breakfast!”
Review of Waterhouse

Waterhouse
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Great location, shame about the price and the breakfast!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Turning up at this hotel I was so excited. It looks beautiful from outside and is in gorgeous surroundings.
I was dissapointed with the room, it was grubby and dated.
I tried to be positive about the rest of my stay but I felt like the website really made this hotel look better than it is.
I had breakfast at 10am, I ordered the full English. It definitely wasn't edible as it looked like it had been made afew hours before then just warmed up when I ordered it. I left hungry.
Overall I was dissapointed with my stay. I had booked it for a special occasion and I know I could of got better for the amount of money I paid to stay here.
Please sort it out, you have a beautiful location and could definitely make this place special. But at the moment it's lacking that special something.

Hi.

Many thanks for the review.
Here at Waterhouse we take every review very seriously, especially if the score is not a 4 or 5.
As you are aware we have a stunning bank of reviews which reflects our service, standard, quality and location.
Its a shame you were not happy with your stay at Waterhouse, and its a shame that you didn't raise these issues with us when you were checking out.
We are very happy to deal with issues there and then to avoid disappointment or poor reviews.

I will review the breakfast service, and we will take a look at room 6 to see what you mean by 'dated'.

Once again i do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, but i do feel that this is a one off with breakfast service, as our reviews are always very good.

kindest regards

Stephen Woods

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Waterhouse. Thank you to Steve and Timar for making our stay even better with their warm and friendly service. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It has the personal feel of a small B&B but with the luxury of a first class hotel. Will definately stay there again! Oh...and amazing views!! You really couldn't ask for more!

Hi

It puts a smile on our faces when such good reviews are placed on trip advisor.
Thank you so much for these kind works.
I will pass this review on to the team to highlight their hard work in making your stay with us a memorable one.

We really look forward to hosting you again soon.

Take care

Steve & Timar
General Managers
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights mid week. Was wonderful... beautiful, quiet location and the standard double was decorated to a high standard. Everyone was extremely friendly and I would really recommended staying here again. The only downside was that it was a good 10-15 minute drive from town but the price easily made up of needing to pay for car parking in town.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Many thanks for the very nice review of Waterhouse.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you back to Waterhouse for future trips to Bath.

Kind Regards

Steve & Timar
General Managers
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Extremely friendly and helpful staff. Comfortable and relaxing stay with amazing countryside views from my room. The only downside is the room was not facilitated with a hairdryer and iron. The hotel is about 10 mins drive to the main City Centre so advisable only if your driving.

Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Hi.

Thank you so much for the review you have given of Waterhouse.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I must apologize that you didn't see the hairdryer in your cupboard which comes as standard in each of our guestrooms. I will make sure each room has one in the correct location.
We prefer at Waterhouse to avoid having irons in the rooms, to prevent the risk of burns to carpets, or more important, to our guests.
We do offer an ironing service if requests are put in at reception, although perhaps i can review the information delivered to our guests.
I thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Once again thank you for choosing Waterhouse.

kind regards

Stephen Woods
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed in The Waterhouse over the bank holiday weekend for a hen party and what a fabulous hotel it is. Everything from start to finish was spot on. The rooms were spotless and the beds were really comfortable. The one thing that makes this hotel stand out is the stunning views over Bath. We sat outside all afternoon with a bottle of chilled wine and it was just beautiful. We had a fantastic meal and the service was outstanding. Breakfast was included and I could not fault this at all, there was quite a few options on the breakfast menu and between us all everything that came out was cooked to perfection. Considering this hotel is only a 10 minute taxi ride from Bath I would choose this over a city hotel any day. A big thank you to Steve and his staff for looking after us all.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Hi.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the Hen party over the bank holiday. It was a very colorful and fun party.
I have passed on your compliments to the team who are all very pleased that you were happy with our service and food provided.

We hope everyone enjoys the wedding as much as you enjoyed the hen party.

Thank you very much for the lovely review, and we hope to see you again soon at Waterhouse.
It will be a pleasure to host you.

Kind Regards

Steve, Timar and the Waterhouse Team
Bristol, UK
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent a thoroughly enjoyable Bank Holiday Sunday at the Waterhouse at our friend's hen do. Thanks Steve and Timar for all your help in making it such a special day and night! Our rooms were wonderful and we received lots of compliments from the hens about the food - especially the 'packed lunch' breakfast we took on the canal boats and the scrummy cream/afternoon tea.

We were so lucky with the weather and had lots of fun sipping prosecco on the lawn overlooking the beautiful Midford Valley but we were still close enough to nip into Bath for a bit of dancing later on.

Great day - great memories!

Room Tip: The Deluxe rooms are spacious enough to have two put up beds in them and have nice views over the va...