Wheelwrights Arms(Monkton Combe)
US$165
US$212
US$169
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$134
US$113
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa(Hinton Charterhouse)
US$290
Travelodge Bath Waterside(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$85
Travelodge
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$99/night.

US$144
US$132
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$146/night.

US$211
US$200
US$254
US$166
US$189
US$166
  • Pool
All reviewsbeautiful valleywheelwright armsquiet locationminute drivecountry housecomfortable roomsfriendly welcomewould highly recommend this hotelfull englishfresh milkgood nights sleepenjoyable stayeggs benedictvisit batha lovely staylovely roombreakfast was delicious
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My partner and I had a wonderful 2 night stay at The Waterhouse for the weekend just gone. We are returning guests from December, we loved it then and even more now. We stayed in the Deluxe Bridal suite (the best available) it was lovely - large room, huge comfy bed, plenty of wardrobe space and a tub in the bathroom. Since we last stayed the hotel has been taken over by new managers – Steve and Timar. They were fantastic, really helpful and welcoming. They have recently started offering food and what they provided was top notch. I'm a nightmare when it comes to food as I have an abundance of allergies but nothing was too much trouble. Timar was really helpful and accommodating and adapted dishes to suit me. The food really was lovely and the service was too. We are already planning our return to The Waterhouse in December (for the Bath markets) and would highly recommend this place. We had a wonderful time and to top off the weekend I returned home with a very beautiful sparkly ring on my finger and a wedding to plan!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Hi guys.
It was a real pleasure to meet you both, and a privilege to be your hosts during your stay.
I have passed you kinds words on to the kitchen team, and also to Timar.

I will talk to you both about the possible wedding venue, as we hear congratulations are in order

All best and we look forward to seeing you again

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Waterhouse was a pleasant, clean and friendly stay with an out look to bring calm to any traveller. A lovely little restaurant called the Wheelwright Arms close by is the best bet to dine. The house is off the beaten track, but that helps to enhance your stay.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of a hall in the new section: nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Many thanks for your kind review of Waterhouse. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

As you may know we have just opened our a la carte restaurant and perhaps on your next visit to Waterhouse you will be able to dine with us too.

Once again, thanks for coming to Waterhouse

Kind regards

Steve Woods

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'd like to say a big thank you to Timar, Steve and staff for making my stay a 10/10 with their warm, friendly and always at hand service.

The manor is absolutely gorgeous both inside and out. My deluxe room was beautiful, as were the views. And my breakfast was more than adequate/value for money!

It's an ideal weekend retreat to which I would highly recommend to friends, family and I'll be back again soon myself.

• Stayed: May 2014
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for such a positive review of Waterhouse

We are very pleased you were happy with the deluxe room. We are very proud of the standard of our rooms and the stunning views from them.

We look forward to seeing you again at Waterhouse in the very near future

kind regards

General Managers

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Turning up at this hotel I was so excited. It looks beautiful from outside and is in gorgeous surroundings.
I was dissapointed with the room, it was grubby and dated.
I tried to be positive about the rest of my stay but I felt like the website really made this hotel look better than it is.
I had breakfast at 10am, I ordered the full English. It definitely wasn't edible as it looked like it had been made afew hours before then just warmed up when I ordered it. I left hungry.
Overall I was dissapointed with my stay. I had booked it for a special occasion and I know I could of got better for the amount of money I paid to stay here.
Please sort it out, you have a beautiful location and could definitely make this place special. But at the moment it's lacking that special something.

Hi.

Many thanks for the review.
Here at Waterhouse we take every review very seriously, especially if the score is not a 4 or 5.
As you are aware we have a stunning bank of reviews which reflects our service, standard, quality and location.
Its a shame you were not happy with your stay at Waterhouse, and its a shame that you didn't raise these issues with us when you were checking out.
We are very happy to deal with issues there and then to avoid disappointment or poor reviews.

I will review the breakfast service, and we will take a look at room 6 to see what you mean by 'dated'.

Once again i do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay, but i do feel that this is a one off with breakfast service, as our reviews are always very good.

kindest regards

Stephen Woods

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Waterhouse. Thank you to Steve and Timar for making our stay even better with their warm and friendly service. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It has the personal feel of a small B&B but with the luxury of a first class hotel. Will definately stay there again! Oh...and amazing views!! You really couldn't ask for more!

Hi

It puts a smile on our faces when such good reviews are placed on trip advisor.
Thank you so much for these kind works.
I will pass this review on to the team to highlight their hard work in making your stay with us a memorable one.

We really look forward to hosting you again soon.

Take care