Waterhouse
  • Breakfast included
US$273
US$265
Agoda.com
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
US$363
Official Site
US$274
US$265
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Room Service
All reviewsbeautiful valleywheelwright armsbridal suiteminute drivequiet locationlovely hotelfriendly welcomewould highly recommend this hotelcomfy bedfresh milkfull englishgood nights sleepenjoyable stayvisit bathlovely roomeggs benedicta lovely stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We spent two nights in the Waterhouse and we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We had travelled to Bath to attend a wedding and it was a delight to stay at this hotel which complimented the enjoyment of the wedding.
The hotel is set in peaceful surroundings, well appointed hotel, friendly staff and beautiful food.
The views from the bedroom were magnificent and we noticed that each room had been given a name of a river, our room was named the Tigris, what a lovely idea.
Would definitely return if we needed to stay in Bath again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I loved the location of this hotel on the edge of the village of Monkton Combe. We walked the narrow path from the hotel along the stream and through the fields to the village. Visited the village churchyard where the last survivor from the trenches in WWI was buried just a few years ago. There is a small restaurant in the village, but save your appetite for the dinner at the Waterhouse. The menu is small, but every item on it is carefully prepared and delicious. We know this because, between the five of us, we ordered every single item on the menu. The staff was helpful and attentive. We were a party of five, staying in two adjoining rooms on the top floor. The rooms were spacious, but adding a rollaway bed to one of the rooms did partially block access to the door between the rooms.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I found my stay here very refreshing. I arrived on the Thursday afternoon and the reception staff couldn't have been more helpful. The room was comfortable and everything was clean. There are plenty of eateries within a short drive, so we went out to eat dinner. Breakfast was delcious, there were bowls of fruit salad already prepared and a full English was on the menu too. For me it was quiet, refreshing and homely. Just what I wanted.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you so much for writing this review of Waterhouse. We are so pleased you were happy with your stay. Please watch out for future offers at Waterhouse

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Last week I had the pleasure of staying the night at Waterhouse. This was a business trip however the hotel combined a lovely peaceful atmosphere in really beautiful settings. My room had stunning views and was comfortable and well appointed with all mod cons. The staff were welcoming and very professional. I had a delicious breakfast watching the rabbits take over the grounds and felt very much restored from the whole experience!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review.
I will be sure to show the review to the Waterhouse team

regards

Steve

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was my second visit to the Waterhouse and, interestingly, I was given the same room. Nothing wrong with that, in fact it made it more like home from home.
Since my last visit there have been a few changes such as dinner being served in the evening, a positive improvement. A couple other of small changes (too little to mention) didn't please me and when I discussed these with the new manager she was very receptive to my views.
The Waterhouse is a lovely place to stay and I will return whenever I'm in Bath

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steve W, General Manager at Waterhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

On behalf of management and the team, may we thank you for the kind review.
It was very kind of you to take time to speak to management on the morning before you checked out.
We will continue to grow from strength to strength, and by the time you visit Waterhouse again, i am confident you will see a significant step forward.
We look forward to seeing you again at Waterhouse, and once again thankyou.