“Try The Cheesecake!!!”

Ranked #2 of 62 Restaurants in Inverurie
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wonderful restaurant that has increasing poularity and a loyal and chic customer base. High standards and great food.
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Try The Cheesecake!!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

On a whim we decided to travel through Inverurie, and on spotting Fennel , noticed there were several items on the menu that interested my wife who is a vegetarian, so we went off for a wander around town and a beer and came back to Fennel for a late lunch- I'm glad we did.
My wife had a goats cheese/caramelised pear salad, she thought it was very tasty, the mouthful I had certainly was. I went for the minute steak hot sandwich, which came in a brioche bun. essentially it was a steak and onion roll, but as steak and onion rolls go, it was really very, very good.
The Orkney Fudge cheesecake was on the specials board, and as I fancied the vanilla and honey cheesecake my wife went for the fudge version. She loves cheesecake, and she thought hers was delicious, I had a bite of it and I agreed with her.
However, my vanilla and honey cheesecake deserves a review of its own. If anyone has ever tasted a better cheesecake I want to know where you had it. It was fantastic, it looked great ( I even took a picture of it, something I have never done before- and it certainly didn't do it justice anyway) It was surprisingly light for a cheesecake, I'm sure I could have ate the whole thing rather than just a slice!
I could go on about the lovely flavour of the vanilla and honey, how the biscuit base was just about the perfect consistency or how the redcurrants added a nice little bite to it, but it is much simpler to say that if you are ever near Inverurie and like cheesecake, go and visit Fennel.
Unfortunately I live over 500 miles away from this place, but the next time I visit the highlands I will visit Fennel- I might even have two pieces of cheesecake next time.

• Visited August 2014

Edinburgh
“Bit dissapointing”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Had dinner in this restaurant with a few colleagues and while the service was efficient and friendly the food was a disappointment. It was burger night and they looked good on the plate so I ordered. The burger was tasteless and dry, a real shame as I could see it was fresh. Two of my colleagues ordered rack of lamb and asked for this to be pink, it came overcooked and dry too. Not sure if the chef was having an off day however at the prices charged we expected much better.
Also, not good to be sat right under the air conditioning unit, blowing cold air over table although staff did turn it on and off to try and accommodate our complaint.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank mike2411959
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Very Poor Service”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was not happy that we had to wait over an hour before we were served, having placed the orders. When the food arrived it did not live up to the anticipated standard for the price.

Visited August 2014
4 Thank Andy D
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Quality produce, hit and miss taste”
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Have been here several times and the quality of the produce used is always very high. The presentation is always excellent. I have personally found the actual taste of the finished product occasionally just doesn't work. But when it does work it is excellent. My other half has always been very happy with his meals. The ambience is chilled and relaxed. It is a very popular restaurant and would recommend you book, particularly on the weekend. The service is always of a high standard, although when it is busy it can sometimes be a little slow, but that is true of any popular restaurant.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank MarkGuest
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Mum and I visited last week for lunch and had the mezze platter- it was delicious. Everything about it. Can't fault the service as they are so attentive and welcoming, Love the decor also.
I'll be back! (again)