“Sunday Carvery” 3 of 5 bubbles

Porterhouse Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 62 Restaurants in Inverurie
Price range: US$32 - US$57
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Sunday Carvery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We went for Carvery lunch a couple of weeks ago. The food was good, but served on cold plates, therefore by the time we got back to our table everything was like warm. We did enjoy it but have had better Carvery lunches, won't rushing back.

1 Thank Margaret W
Emma C, Manager at Porterhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to review our porterhouse restaurant, I am sorry to you did not enjoy your Sunday carvery and will not be returning to us in the future.
Our plates are usually hot as they are kept in a plate warmer I will have to investigate why your meal was served on cold plates as this is not the standard I expect.
I would like to apologise again for this oversight and hope you may return soon to give us another chance to impress you.

Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Strange place for a nice restaurant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

We where staying in a hotel in Oldmeldrum and found the food at the hotel disapointing. We found this hotel via Tripadvisor - reviews seemed mixed but anything was beter than our hotel!!
We nearly didnt try it as the location is very strange. It seemed to be some kind of conference center and not a very nice new one!! Because of the not very luxury surroundings we were a bit dubious.
The interior is very nice - modern with a stone floor and purple and green tartan details. Very tasteful! There is also a terrace to sit out on warm days.
All the staff were friendly. The restaurant was a bit quiet with only 5 tables with diners but the green curtain was open :)
Our gourmet burgers were very good - high standard of flavour and wel cooked. Chips were done to perfection. The toffee pudding was yummy :) and as it was thursday it was for under £ 20 p.p for 2 courses!! Not only good food but exellent value!!
Only slight niggle would be the music - slighly more sophisicated lounge music would suit the decor more and give the place a more atmosphere.
Wel worth a trip to visit this restaurant - just a pity it cant be teleported to a beter location!! One of the advantages of the location is loads of parking!!!! :)
I hope more people discover this place :)

1 Thank GLJDavies
Hello
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review on porterhouse restaurant. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your meals and service that you received.
As too the building, we are attached to a Mart which help us to provide the great quality beef served in our restaurant. I know it is hidden away and I am trying to promote the restaurant so that more people find us and come along and sample our great food.
Thanks again and hope to welcome you back soon.
Inverurie, United Kingdom
“Great food , but------”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

The quality and presentation of our meal was fabulous but unfortunately there were only 3 tables occupied in the night we were there (Thursday) and they had curtained off the majority of the restaurant resulting in a total lack of atmosphere. It was like dining in the crematorium one whole wall of puke green curtains!! Such a pity because it is a beautiful eating place and as we had brought a guest after giving it such a build up we were totally embarrassed and our guest wasn't impressed with their surroundings. PLEASE don't hide your beautiful restaurant , place people near the window if you are not busy but don't make it look like a second rate B&B.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello
Thank you for you comments regarding your meal at porterhouse. I am glad you enjoyed your food.
I am sorry for the lack of atmosphere but due to Thursday nights being quiet I do try to create a busier feel by sectioning off the restaurant. I have re addressed this now and will seat the customers on our stone floor by the natural light and leave the curtain open, I hope that this will create a better atmosphere for the diners. I have great deals on Thursday and Friday evenings which will bring more customers on the Thursday evenings which in itself will create a better dining experience.
I hope this will encourage you to bring guest back on Thursdays to sample more of our great dishes.
“Fabulous lunch!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited last Sunday for a family lunch. Everyone loves a carvery and I had checked the website for the Sunday lunch menu before making our decision!

It was 11.25am when I called to make our reservation, hopefully for 2pm, giving a wee bit of notice. However, I had to leave a voice message since there was no answer. I gave all my details, the time of our booking request and asked for a call back to confirm.

It was probably nearer 1 when I decided to call back myself, since I hadn't had a phone call, and wanted to make sure we were booked, but sadly no! Obviously no-one had listened to my voicemail, so when I asked for our 2pm table, unfortunately we could not be fitted in until 2.45. I was extremely disappointed, ok, it was only 45 mins after the time we wanted, but the fact that me leaving a voice message had been a bit of a waste of time, was the annoying factor!

All this aside, the food was fabulous! Our daughter and I started with soup of the day, a lovely thick pea and ham, my Fiance had a smoked mackerel pate, beautifully presented and incredibly tasty, and our two boys shared a portion of garlic bread.

The meats on offer were roast beef, pork and turkey and they were all cooked perfectly, very tender and juicy. With us being later customers, there weren't many roast potatoes left, but I think everyone enjoyed what they had.

For dessert, all three men indulged in Chocolate Fudge Cake, chosen from the children's menu, and the young lady had a beautiful fruit salad, which consisted of melon, pineapple, raspberries and pomegranate seeds, drizzled with a raspberry coulis and dusted with icing sugar.

The service throughout was very attentive and the food excellent. If it hadn't been for the booking situation, I would have awarded full marks.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank KarinMary
Hello
Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent visit to porterhouse. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and were looked after by my team.
I wish to apologise regarding the voicemail, I did pick up the message from the mobile phone but not until 6pm by this time realised you had already dine with us, I realise now I maybe should of phoned you back. We were already full at 2pm prior to your phone call at 11am.

I hope that you will forgive us for the voicemail message not being returned and hope you will return to see us soon.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“'Savour' menu amazing value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and i booked a table for Friday 23rd May, not knowing they had introduced a new 'savour' menu; 2 courses for £18.95. We ended up sharing the scallop and prawn starter from the al a carte menu (which was delicious, although it looked like one scallop had been quartered and served to look like 4!) then chose main course and pudding from the savour menu. The sirloins (£5 surcharge) were cooked to perfection and the chips served with them were soft in the middle with a bit of crunch on the outside, just how we like them. For desert we had tiramisu, which was so light and not overly coffee flavoured, and sticky toffee pudding. Both were amazingly delicious! Service was great. Planning on returning next week to try the carvery!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank louisey505
Emma C, Manager at Porterhouse Restaurant, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello Thank you for taking the time to comments on your recent visit to porterhouse. I am glad to hear that you took advantage of our new savour menu. I am glad you also sampled a starter too and what a great idea to share to ensure you have room for dessert. I am glad you enjoyed your meal and service at porterhouse. I will pass your kind comments on to the chef and hope to see you soon for Sunday carvery.
Thanks again