“Under Age!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Inverurie
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Under Age!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Took Mum here for lunch on Tuesday for comfort food ahead of a small operation. When we entered the dining room it was clear that at 40-years plus, I was going to be the youngest guest. The decoration is about as old as the clientel and could do with a freshen-up. But the loos are clean - if very hot. However... and this is important...the food was excellent, with large portions; the staff were attentive without being obstrusive, and nothing was too much bother, all requests were quickly met. Good value lunch, from a nice corner window table offering a great view of the rain. Well done to all the girls who looked after us. I would go back.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank gibsonsarah261171
Julie R, Manager at Kintore Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 4 October 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for you comments i will pass these on to the girls, we are in the process of doing in house refurbishment

look forward to seeing you again

Kind regards
Julie Reid

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel, clean but plain, staff was helpful, right in a lovely town close to pubs, close to the castle trail. We stayed here one night while we were checking out castles throughout aberdeen shire.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank dragone
Julie R, General Manager at Kintore Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Guest

thank you for you feedback and i am very pleased you enjoyed your stay
hope to see you again
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a really excellent hotel at a reasonable price. The staff could not have been more helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I had the biggest bed I have ever seen! The rooms and food were excellent and the location was most convenient. A very lovely place to stay for visiting the Highland Region of Scotland.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the car park at the rear are the quietest
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Andy D
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for all your positive comments
i will pass your feedback to the team
kindest regards
Coupar Angus, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

two adults and a 16 year old up for two nights at the scottish open in aberdeen.
Room OK bit basic but you get what you pay for,had meal on thursday night again ok , staff very friendly and helpful got printout of local roads to avoid city centre for golf.
if you are looking for a "bed" fine but not for long vacations.

Room Tip: some rooms have no windows we were in 28 which did
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

your comments have been taken on board
will pass your feed back to the staff

General manager
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband booked this hotel for my overnight stay in Inverurie. He asked for a room at the back because of traffic noise. When I checked in I got my key and went upstairs to my room. The corridor leading to my room was dark and dingy looking and I felt my room was not much better. For B&B it was £85. I was really disappointed in my room. The furniture had seen better days and there was no shower as such. It was a shower head attached to the bath taps. I decided to go out for a meal and when I came back started to run a bath only to find there was no hot water. Had to go to reception and explain. (There's no phone in room) the girl who was very pleasant said there was 2 boilers which meant nothing to me I was only looking for hot water. I got moved to a more modern room at the back of the hotel where upon I had a lovely warm bath. Did not sleep well because the room was stifling. Had to leave the fan in the room on all night. Breakfast was nice and the girls were very pleasant but I don't think I would stay here again.

Room Tip: If you book this hotel ask for the modern rooms at the back
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Weejan11
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you where disapointed with your stay, we are doing in house
refurbishment.

Kind regards
Julie Reid

Travellers are raving about these Inverurie hotels

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Visited for drinks & supper.

Food was OK - I choose the curry option which was tasty even if the portion was minuscule. My friend choose the Fish & Chips which appeared generous & she assured me it was very tasty. Food is served in the rather large, old fashioned & largely unwelcoming dining room.

The staff were OK but not really friendly or particularly welcoming - in fact by the end of our meal I felt I had well & truly outstayed my welcome.

The hotel itself is quite old fashioned with red tartan carpeting throughout. The toilets while fully functional really do need an upgrade.

Situated as it is on the Main Street into Inverurie, the Kintore Arms has great potential but really needs upgrading & perhaps intensive staff training / retraining.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

I am sorry that you felt the staff where unfriendly and un welcoming as this does suprise me
as the general feed back to me is that they are very helpful but i do take on board what you have said and retraining will be given, as regarding the hotel being old fashioned we are a 1880s buliding and are trying to do in house refurbishment

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in this hotel on Tuesday 27th May 2014. Was charged £105.00 for B&B and the owners should be ashamed of themselves. I was in Room 7 which had a double bed but the room was so small the door did not fully open into the room! The "wardrobe" was a cutting of conti board fixed into the corner and held in place by a short rail for hanging coat hangers. Paper hanging off, cracks across the roof and it looked like someone had been sitting on the toilet ripping bits of paper of the wall. The TV was about the size of my laptop screen. When walking along the corridor you could feel missing floor boards under the carpet. The sleep quality was very poor due to super squeaky and loose floor boards throughout the corridors. The lounge bar wasn't too bad bad there was a road worker sitting having a few beers but he still had his working clothes on (10:15pm) and his hi-vis trousers were absolutely filthy. He should have been told to either move off the seats or get changed as people with dress clothes on also sit there. When paying my bill in the morning I commented that the room was definitely not worth £105.00 the girl said "oh right", and that was it. I didn't eat there as I had eaten in their restaurant last year and it did not represent good value for money. Would never recommend this hotel in its current state - very old, very tired and very lived in. Oh, and last orders are 10:45pm and the bar closes right on 11pm - even for residents! My comments are based purely on my experience.

Room Tip: Book early and stay somewhere else for all the reasons mentioned above. And rooms at the front of t...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Julie R, General Manager at Kintore Arms Hotel, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest
Your Negative comments have been taken on board, unfortunally we can not pick guest and as the hotel was built in 1800`s there are floor boards that squeak but we have a on going in house refurbishment that hopefully will address your negative comments, we have changed our menus from last year and do have a new chef which has recived postive comments.

regards
General Mangaer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverurie
Thainstone House
Macdonald Pittodrie House
#1 of 1 in Chapel of Garioch
Kildrummy Castle Hotel
Holiday Inn Aberdeen West

Been to Kintore Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!