Lowest prices for your stay
US$151
US$149
Expedia.comUS$166
Orbitz.comUS$166
eDreamsUS$151
All reviews high tea balcony room steak pie tall trees main course great meal sea view small hotel my mum first class warm welcome rankin ringwood carvery wedding edinburgh boiler
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019 via mobile

I attended a wedding here last Saturday and stayed at the hotel.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the room was a decent size with a good bathroom.
The breakfast was fine.
The hotel is well situated looking over the Firth of Forth and in impressive grounds.

However, there are a few niggles.
The decor in the bedroom and in the hotel in general seem a tad tired.
Breakfast on Sunday was from 8:30 to 9:30. I stay in quite a few hotels on Sundays and from 7:30 or 8:00 to 10:00 seems the norm, so one hour seems rather tight.
There is a part of the hotel outside at the front which was pitch black at night and I heard a couple of elderly ladies complaining about it being a heath and safety issue, and I can’t disagree. I’d suggest the hotel does something about this.

However, overall the hotel is fine, the breakfast was decent and the staff were friendly.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Alan126
KingswoodBurntisland, Manager at Kingswood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2019

As the original house was built in 1850 we feel that ultra modern decor would spoil the general ambience of the building , all the public areas have been redecorated within the past 1-3 years apart from the restaurant which was done 4 years ago and I'm sorry that the decor was not to your taste. During the week breakfast is from 7.30 but we found that after a wedding 8.30 was by far the earliest wedding guests were looking for breakfast.Early breakfast is of course available on request
There are floodlights covering the public areas at the front of the building and car parks I can only imagine being mid summer and still light after 11.00 pm perhaps a switch was missed that evening and I thank you for highlighting this..

It was a lovely wedding which I do hope you enjoyed

Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

We’ve just held my daughters wedding here and what a fabulous day it was.

Every single member of staff was friendly and professional. Rankin, the owner, and his wife are extremely welcoming and all of the guests loved the hotel.

The ceremony was held here, as well as the wedding breakfast and evening reception. Rankin was present throughout and managed and assisted in the various room/table layout changes that were required, all of which were done smoothly and quickly. A well oiled machine.

The food was excellent and the service throughout the day first class.

A couple of tips for the wedding day and guests:

1. This is a small hotel, in terms of rooms available. The positive side here is that you feel that you and your guests have the complete run of the hotel, something you’d never have in a larger corporate chain. Rankin will keep all rooms available for wedding guests to have first option however do book early to avoid disappointment.
2. Pre book taxis for guests staying elsewhere. This is not a big town with taxis available at short notice. The hotel will call and book in your behalf.
3. I paid the extra for the bar to remain open to 1 pm. The band finished at 12 and, as I hoped, this gave people the opportunity to relax and wind down or have a drink whilst waiting for a Taxi.

The Hotel
Kingswood is classified as a 3 Star establishment and with that in mind I give it 5 stars. I’d pre booked a room for 4 nights over the wedding weekend at the front with a balcony and a great view. It wasn’t the biggest room but adequate. The bathroom, shower etc was excellent. The only issue we had was with our door lock and the staff were very quick to fix, so again a positive here.
We enjoyed the breakfasts. Not a buffet affair but cooked to order using quality ingredients. The Free Range eggs were superb.

I’ve been to many weddings in various hotels over the years, Kingswood competes with the best and is far superior to many. The prices here are Competitive without loosing quality. I would devotedly recommend.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KingswoodBurntisland, Owner at Kingswood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2019

Thank you for your wonderful and detailed review which is very much appreciated by the whole team at the Kingswood. It was indeed a beautiful wedding and it was a great pleasure to be of service and assistance throughout. I am of course delighted to hear that everything lived up to your expectations and your recommendation is truly most welcome
I do hope that we might see you from time to time when you are back in the area

Reviewed 14 July 2019 via mobile

We stopped in here for Sunday lunch at short notice. Carvery was really nice, pud was good, but it was the service that stuck out for us. Our little boy was unwell at the table and the young servers were excellent and couldn't have been more accommodating. Thank you to them!

Trip type: Travelled with family
KingswoodBurntisland, Manager at Kingswood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2019

Thank you for your review, we're delighted that you enjoyed your lunch and we do hope that your little boy has been fine since.We are always pleased to be of assistance.

Reviewed 11 July 2019

We had our wedding here in March 2019. We booked it with only a few months notice and every single staff member made the day more than we could ever have wished for. Would highly recommend, all our guests loved it, the food was great, the service amazing and we had nothing to worry about. Thank you so much to all the staff that made our special day so amazing.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KingswoodBurntisland, General Manager at Kingswood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2019

Thank you for your 5 star review and recommendation which is much appreciated by all of us. It was a great day and I'm delighted to hear that everything lived up to your expectations. Weddings are special and we all really enjoy being involved. We wish both you every future happiness together

Reviewed 29 June 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately after booking a stay at The Bay Hotel we had to leave due to a power cut at 8pm and this was the closest hotel. We managed to get a room very late on in the day. Which was good. As we were almost 3 hours away from home, and I am 38 weeks pregnant.

So we check in, the guy behind the desk was very friendly, warm and welcoming. As was the waiter / bartender.

However, the room left much to be desired. It was very old fashioned, and the tap in the bathroom was so poor it took me about 5 mins to fill the sink! I was kept up until around 1am by the couple next door who were so loud i could hear every word they spoke. The walls were ridiculously thin. The later it got, the more emotional I became - hormones.

The breakfast was alright, cooked by the lady who then manned the reception desk. She was also lovely.

All in all I had about 4 hours sleep due to the noisy TV across the corridor, and our respectful neighbours who chatted all night long. All I could hear was his full toned voice.

Very frustrating. The restaurant / downstairs sitting areas were much nicer than the bedrooms. I was so tempted to sleep on one of the big chairs haha.

Majorly heartbreaking having to move to this hotel after being in The Bay Hotel!

Date of stay: June 2019