“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lundin Links
Buckhaven, United Kingdom
“Great food”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My Grandparents stayed here as they were down visiting and invited my partner and I out for dinner.

Lovely views make the restaurant a wonderful place to eat.

My partner and my grandfather waited 25 minutes for 2 pints of tenants. I assumed that this was due to the fact that the keg needed changed, but it was not available for the rest of the night. I asked about the milkshakes that were on the menu and the waitress had to go and find out flavours, etc. This again took about 15 - 20 minutes to make.

The food was delicious and very nicely presented. he wrong cutlery was brought when we ordered desserts, but anyone can make that mistake.

Overall it was a lovely meal, just a shame it took so long to be delivered.

Room Tip: don't be in a hurry!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Hello Rachael, thank you for your review, and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable meal with your partner and grandparents. Apologies for the slow service, I am aware of a couple of other comments which have been passed to me during the same day, in much the same vein - this is not our usual standard, and I hope this did not spoil your evening too much.

I hope we can welcome you and/ or your grandparents back at some stage.

Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding reception.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Lundin Links, which is a hamlet some 40 minutes out of Edinburgh and about 12 miles from St Andrews, nestled amongst several golf courses.

We had a double room in the West Wing, which overlooks the firth. What a splendid view to wake up to.

The room was not spacious, but was ample in size, nicely fitted out with 2 small single seats, a table, bureau/chest of drawers, wardrobe, trouser press, iron & board, and the ubiquitous tea/coffee & kettle. The decode was fresh and clean, though the building is obviously showing some age. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Upon our arrival we had to turn the heating off.
(One observation would be the warmth of the hotel and especially the breakfast area in the mornings. It's in the conservatory and does get warm quite quickly.)

Having stayed the weekend we got to see quite a few of the staff members and I have to say that the warmth of greeting and style of service was exemplary. During the reception everything was carried out with almost military precision, but in a cordial efficient manner. Each table was served at the one time, with the food being delivered, piping hot, and very tasty.

There is a wide choice for breakfast items, from cereals, toast, porridge, juices, to various cooked plates, including Full Scottish Breakfast. All were lovely.

In summation, it may not be the newest of buildings, but the standard of service is excellent and it is clean & well presented throughout.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the West Wing are well away from the function rooms to be devoid of noise. Ask fo...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello Barry, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here - I was delighted to read all your comments, in particular regarding our staff, who work so hard in delivering a good quality service to our guests, and who in many respects are the heart and soul of the "old hotel"!

Thank you again, and I hope we might see you back again one day...
Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch with my dad. Been before and didn't rate it much the last time. This time was much better so decided to do another review.
The lunch menu is reasonable. The restaurant over looks the water and golf course so a really good view (weather permitting). The waitress was friendly and the food was good. Just the right price. I do feel the Caesar salad I had although was nice it would have been good to get a choice to have chicken in it.
Will return again as had a better experience.

Stayed May 2014
2 Thank kosconli
Hello Kosconli, I was delighted to read that your most recent visit to the Old Manor was so much better than the last, and that the hotel is moving in the right direction. I hope we can welcome your father and yourself back at some stage in the future. Regards, Alistair Saddler.
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Had lunch here with My Wife and her Mum and Dad, all are light eaters and this venue was perfect. While I indulged in a starter and main, at £9.95, They were served excellent home made soup followed by a good desert menu.
My starter was chowder and was as good as any I have tasted. Main course was beef olive stuffed with haggis served on lovely mashed potatoes two veg and a whiskey based sauce 10 out of 10 honest it was that good. The service is first class and friendly. The view across the golf course and out to the Forth is worth the visit alone. If you are looking for a good location to tour Fife look no further.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joachimjohn
Hello Joachimjohn, thank you for taking time to post a review following your family lunch here a couple of weeks ago - your comments are much appreciated by the team and myself. I hope we can welcome you back again soon. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Fife
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Old Manor is one of the most welcoming and relaxing hotels I have ever stayed in. The staff are pleasant, attentive and very helpful. The sea view restaurant has the most wonderful views and the food is first class. The location is perfect for a visit to St Andrews or to explore the beautiful East Neuk of Fife. I will definitely stay again, this experience is all about the guest and the management team has got it just right.

S Laing

Room Tip: Pay extra for sea view
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank MrsLFife
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Hello Mrs L Fife, thank you for taking the time to prepare and post a review following your recent stay here - I can assure you that such comments are read and appreciated by all the team, who contribute greatly to making the hotel what it is. I do hope we can welcome you back again at some stage in the future. Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.
Duns, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What a fantastic find.made to feel most welcome on arrival great room worth paying supplement for seaview room .Evening meal very good with wide choice and good prices served by very pleasant and professional staff.Breakfast all you needed after a great nights stay .Already looking forward to our next visit

Room Tip: pay supplement for seaview well worth it
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IAN262014
Thank you for your lovely review (with title to match!), which is very much appreciated by all the team here. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some stage in the near future. Kind regards, AW Saddler.
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We came upon this Hotel by chance but what a good find.
The staff were very helpful and very accomodating.
We had High Tea which was very good value.
A good choice of dishes and plenty of food if you are hungry.
Wonderful sea view from the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank annteke
Hello Annteke, thank you for reviewing our hotel following your visit for high tea in April, and for posting such positive comments. I hope you will drop in again if passing... Regards, AW Saddler.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lundin Links
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Balbirnie House
Balbirnie House
#1 of 1 in Markinch

Been to Old Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!