“top quality room, food, service. Lovely setting.”
Review of Old Manor Hotel

Old Manor Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Lundin Links
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Our room was fantastic - four-poster bed, sitting area, panoramic view of the Firth of Forth where you could watch the golfers, the ships, and later on the lighthouses twinkling. Everything in the room was quality - thick towels, fresh milk, lovely furnishings.
The restaurant was excellent - again a lovely view of the water, perfectly prepared Scottish food, with good quality ingredients and extra touches. The service was faultless. We thought the waitress wobbled a little when we asked what whiskies they had for after dinner, but it was only because they have so many she had to bring a booklet. The bar is cosy. Breakfast again was excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms in the extension are quite small with less good bathrooms. We were lucky to get a big room in...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dorothy_butters
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Hello Dorothy, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay - I was delighted to read your comments, and that you also managed to sample a malt or 2. We are constantly looking to add to the collection, and hopefully next time you'll find some more on our list... Thanks again, kind regards. Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent three nights at the Old Manor Hotel in May and had the perfect mini break. Claire on reception was so helpful, even before we arrived, as she was quick to respond to my various emails and requests.

The hotel is in a beautiful position, overlooking the golf course and Firth of Forth. We were blessed with good weather for the duration of our stay, but I don't think rain would have spoilt it anyway.

Our room was a four poster sea view, with a decked balcony. Perfect! A good size bathroom, with toiletries and lovely big bath towels provided. A constant supply of tea and coffee making facilities. Also, plenty of space to hang and store clothes.

The restaurant overlooks the same view as our room did. It was wonderful to sit and look out whilst eating fantastic food. Yes, the meals are not cheap, but I am a firm believer you get what you pay for. We ate two nights in the restaurant, both meals were delicious. The fish chowder is to die for. Husband is a former chef and he was very impressed. Breakfast was also super, I ate a full Scottish breakfast every morning, which is unheard of. Tea and coffee and toast was plentiful and a small buffet from which you help yourself.

The best bit about the hotel is the Staff. They are all so helpful and accommodating, carrying out their work with a constant smile on their faces, without exception. It's also a good base for visiting pretty much the whole of the East coast. Whilst there, we did some shopping in Edinburgh and visited the castle, St Andrews, Wallace monument, Stirling castle, the Deer Centre, Cupar Angus, Pitlochry (my personal favourite) and had fish and chips in Anstruther (a must if you like a decent fish supper)

In summary, this is a lovely place to stay, good food, super people and great service We have recommended to all family and friends. Thank you Old Manor, we will be back

Room Tip: If budget allows, go for a four poster sea view
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Victoria, thank you so much for your lovely review following your stay with us. Naturally I was delighted to read your comments overall, but particularly regarding our staff. They too are very pleased to receive such positive feedback - thanks!! Hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, AW Saddler

Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband, daughter and I stayed here for a wedding, our room was amazing and views were stunning, we had a veranda which made it even better. This old hotel is so full of character, staff amazing, couldn't do enough for us and we would definetly think of staying here again. The only thing I found was it was a little pricey although for a special occasion we didn't mind paying it, also the lounge bar really didn't have enough seating for all the guests so unfortunately some of us had to sit outside in the hallway which was a bit unfortunate as we would like to have been all together, nevertheless the function rooms for the wedding were lovely, there was 2 rooms for the evening event which were separated by a small walkway, again this did split up the guests but most guests appeared happy to go from one to the other if the band got a little loud. Breakfast in the morning was fantastic in the huge Conservatory, a great selection of food to choose from and lovely views. All in all I would defintely recommend anyone thinking of staying at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Go for the beach views, absolutely stunning!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
ProprietorOldManor, Owner at Old Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Hello ScotlandAngela, thank you for your kind comments, it was a pleasure to look after everyone at the Old Manor last weekend - judging by all the feedback we have been receiving, a good time was had by all (hence I'm a happy owner!), and I was delighted to read your own feedback too.

I hope at some stage in the future you will return for another visit to this beautiful part of Fife.

Kind regards, AW Saddler.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch on Father's Day. Choice not too great, asked for salad with no dressing , it was obviously pre-prepared, had dressing. More if a starter sized salad. £2.50 also a bit pricey for a small bottle of water.

• Stayed: June 2014

Hello Christine, thank you for your comments following lunch here last Sunday (15th June) - whilst your comments are brief, nevertheless I am sorry your visit was average.

The choice we have on offer for Sunday lunch is, however, reasonable, with usually a choice of 3 meats from the carvery, and a further 4 or 5 main courses from the menu. All food is cooked to order.

I do hope you will consider a return visit soon!
Kind regards.
AW Saddler

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My Grandparents stayed here as they were down visiting and invited my partner and I out for dinner.

Lovely views make the restaurant a wonderful place to eat.

My partner and my grandfather waited 25 minutes for 2 pints of tenants. I assumed that this was due to the fact that the keg needed changed, but it was not available for the rest of the night. I asked about the milkshakes that were on the menu and the waitress had to go and find out flavours, etc. This again took about 15 - 20 minutes to make.

The food was delicious and very nicely presented. he wrong cutlery was brought when we ordered desserts, but anyone can make that mistake.

Overall it was a lovely meal, just a shame it took so long to be delivered.

Room Tip: don't be in a hurry!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello Rachael, thank you for your review, and I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable meal with your partner and grandparents. Apologies for the slow service, I am aware of a couple of other comments which have been passed to me during the same day, in much the same vein - this is not our usual standard, and I hope this did not spoil your evening too much.

I hope we can welcome you and/ or your grandparents back at some stage.

Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here this past weekend for a wedding reception.

The hotel is on the outskirts of Lundin Links, which is a hamlet some 40 minutes out of Edinburgh and about 12 miles from St Andrews, nestled amongst several golf courses.

We had a double room in the West Wing, which overlooks the firth. What a splendid view to wake up to.

The room was not spacious, but was ample in size, nicely fitted out with 2 small single seats, a table, bureau/chest of drawers, wardrobe, trouser press, iron & board, and the ubiquitous tea/coffee & kettle. The decode was fresh and clean, though the building is obviously showing some age. The bed was firm, but comfortable. Upon our arrival we had to turn the heating off.
(One observation would be the warmth of the hotel and especially the breakfast area in the mornings. It's in the conservatory and does get warm quite quickly.)

Having stayed the weekend we got to see quite a few of the staff members and I have to say that the warmth of greeting and style of service was exemplary. During the reception everything was carried out with almost military precision, but in a cordial efficient manner. Each table was served at the one time, with the food being delivered, piping hot, and very tasty.

There is a wide choice for breakfast items, from cereals, toast, porridge, juices, to various cooked plates, including Full Scottish Breakfast. All were lovely.

In summation, it may not be the newest of buildings, but the standard of service is excellent and it is clean & well presented throughout.

Room Tip: Rooms upstairs in the West Wing are well away from the function rooms to be devoid of noise. Ask fo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Hello Barry, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay here - I was delighted to read all your comments, in particular regarding our staff, who work so hard in delivering a good quality service to our guests, and who in many respects are the heart and soul of the "old hotel"!

Thank you again, and I hope we might see you back again one day...
Kind regards, Alistair Saddler.

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Came for lunch with my dad. Been before and didn't rate it much the last time. This time was much better so decided to do another review.
The lunch menu is reasonable. The restaurant over looks the water and golf course so a really good view (weather permitting). The waitress was friendly and the food was good. Just the right price. I do feel the Caesar salad I had although was nice it would have been good to get a choice to have chicken in it.
Will return again as had a better experience.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank kosconli

Hello Kosconli, I was delighted to read that your most recent visit to the Old Manor was so much better than the last, and that the hotel is moving in the right direction. I hope we can welcome your father and yourself back at some stage in the future. Regards, Alistair Saddler.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lundin Links
#3 of 4 in Leven
Fairmont St Andrews
Fairmont St Andrews
#4 of 17 in St Andrews

Been to Old Manor Hotel? Share your experiences!