“Surprisingly good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wimpy
Ranked #19 of 25 Restaurants in Dingwall
Cuisines: Fast food, British, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Surprisingly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

Went in here a couple of months ago on an early January Sunday afternoon (as it was the only takeaway in Dingwall open at the time). Found it to be very busy. Woman who served us was gruff and short-tempered (but was actually a bit of a rough diamond). Had the biggest burger on the menu as I was hank marvin, and it went down a treat. Definitely feels like stepping into Blackpool in 1982, but hard to fault it

2 Thank ScreenD00rSlams

Inverness
“Stepping back in time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had always noticed the Wimpy in Dingwall but hadn't been in before. Last Saturday we decided to try it for lunch.
It was like stepping back in time with the fixed tables and seating and the menus with the original burger bun logo. I was apprehensive that they wouldn't have a vegetarian choice but was pleasantly surprised and chose the spicy beanburger with chips while my husband chose the traditional burger in a bun with chips.
The meals were very good and I really enjoyed my beanburger and would recommend it to anyone. What made our visit special was our waitress Molly, who was very attentive, cheerful and friendly.
The only downside to our visit was that there is only one toilet which is quite basic and there are no separate male and female facilities.

2 Thank MargaretM784
Inverness
“Stepping back in time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had always noticed the Wimpey but never thought of trying it. We went in at lunchtime last Saturday. The furnishings were like stepping back in time with the fixed tables and seating and the old-style Wimpey menus with the original burger bun logo.
I was apprehensive that there would be no vegetarian choice but was pleasantly surprised and chose the spicy beanburger in a bun with chips while my husband chose the traditional Wimpey burger in a bun with chips.
Both meals were great. I was really pleased with my choice as it was delicious and I would recommend it to anyone.
What made our visit special apart from the food was the great service from our waitress Molly, who was really cheerful, helpful and attentive and is very good at her job.
The only downside to the visit was the fact that there is only one toilet which is quite basic and that there weren't separate ladies and gents facilities.

2 Thank MargaretM784
Johnson City, Tennessee
“missing the Wimpmeister”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

Comfortable. Not pretentious. Burger eats right where you hold it.
About swallowed my tongue. Wonderful find...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank g w
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
“a gem from the past hidden away in Dingwall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

fantastic food, wonderful friendly service and proper burgers for the meals, makes you realise what is missing from some other imitations

Visited August 2013