“Gorgeous Hotel”

Kinkell House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Dingwall
Reviewed 10 September 2013

We attended a family gathering in the hotel on Sunday 8th Sep. We started off with some drinks in the gorgeous conservatory and dinner was served in a large room with French doors overlooking fantastic views. Dinner was a carvery - food was excellent, staff were excellent and the beautiful hotel and surroundings made it perfect. I can't comment on the rooms as unfortunately we didn't stay there but I'm sure they are as perfect as the rest of the hotel. Well worth a visit!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank KA47

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed at Kinkell House on our Charity Lands End to John O Groats cycle. Our needs were not much more than a good shower, comfy bed and a hearty meal but we were in for a real treat. The hotel has been done out really nicely. The rooms were outstanding with a superb walk in shower. The pre-dinner G&T (a great sports recovery drink!?) on the terrace with amazing views towards the setting sun a gem. The evening meal, whilst not cheap was absolutely delicious. My only gripe would be the diy breakfast which whilst fine was not up to the evening meal standard.
This is a great place to stay and I will definitely be back with my wife.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank twiggythedog
Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I only had diner in the hotel but prior to the meal we were located in the parlour with the hotel guests prior to having diner, which was great as we had a chance to speak to the people staying at the hotel and gauge their opinions of the hotel which was very good. We had an excellent meal of local produce and if they are on the menu try the Venison liver. Both my wife and I had the local Black Isle beef and it did not need the steak knife provided, simply perfection. Congratulations to the Chef and his Apprentice, a labour of love, very well done.
This was one of the few places that I could find that offered local produce and due to that the menu was very specific, but offered choices and it changes daily according to what is in season.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vince_Chris
Reviewed 7 January 2013

Very nice hotel! Stayed here for business reasons recently and would recommend going back. Sat in the log fire room and enjoyed some drinks with some colleagues after a lovely meal in the dining room.

If working near here in future, I will be going back here!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Stayed here one night on our way up to Orkney. Had a dog with us. Must have been some miscommunication for when we arrived at check in time the place seemed to be locked up and I had a brief panic that it had closed for the season and we had had a confusion over dates. We called the number though and a neighbour was sent to let us in. He was very amiable and we went up to our room.

Our room was just lovely, we had a four poster bed and plenty of space for the dog and our luggage. Very clean, adequate bathroom and very quiet. Lovely view. We ate in the restaurant that evening and had pre dinner drinks with the dog in front of the open fireplace. The food was lovely, menu very limited but made up for as the dishes were delicious. Breakfast was also good the next day although again when we went downstairs there was no one to be seen and we had to hunt about for the lady who was serving.

Very good in general but staff could have been a little more present, but that is not always important.

Room Tip: Eat in the restaurant, it is worth it.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha W
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my family. The hotel staff were very accommodating and allowed us to have the honeymoon suite so as to have extra room to fit in the cot for our baby. The room itself was fantastic. Comfy bed, huge bathroom and all perfectly spotless. All of the staff in the hotel gave us a very warm welcome which helped to make our stay all the more special. The food quality was excellent. Overll a great place for families and couples alike. We'll definitely go back one day.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Just as comfy as home - so much so I nearly slept in!! The facilities of top rate hotel with great service both front of house and in the dining room. Morning coffee at breakfast -delicious.
Shower in room five -pure bliss. I would not hesitate in recommending this hotel to others and I am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Room 5 big bed, big telly, big shower and it is incredibly comfortable. Last night was a stormy ni...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingwall
National Hotel Dingwall
Ben Wyvis Hotel
Ben Wyvis Hotel
#7 of 7 in Strathpeffer
Mansfield Castle Hotel

Been to Kinkell House Hotel? Share your experiences!