“Hotel a bit run down but food was good”
Review of Conon Bridge Hotel

Conon Bridge Hotel
Ranked #15 of 16 Dingwall B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A group of seven of us were cycling to John O'Groats and stopped here on the way north. We had a warm welcome from the staff. The rooms weren't all ensuite. My room wasn't and there were two toilets and bath / shower rooms nearby. The rooms needed a fair bit of looking after - my window had some rotten wood and it wouldn't have been wise to try to open it. I had a good shower in one of the showers but the other one gave rather variable temperatures during the shower. I was a little concerned about the age of the electric wiring ad the need for extension leads - but in fact everything worked fine. Possibly because the window couldn't be opened, my room did have a slight smell to it. The food for the evening meal was surprisingly good, rather stylish and imaginative. The breakfast was substantial and very satisfying. An odd mix really. With a bit of investment this would be a lovely place.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AlanBrice

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had dinner with some friends last week in the bar of the Conon Bridge Hotel - I had steak pie which was OK but I have had better. This bar/hotel's real down fall is the frosty woman behind the bar who served us (face like thunder, long blond hair). It was like something from a sitcom, she sighed and slammed the till shut when we asked for something that required her to make an effort (to split the bill). Customer service is really important to me and as such I wouldn't return to this place because I can honestly say we were 100% not made to feel welcome and indeed, inspite of being paying customers we were treated as an inconvenince.

Room Tip: I didnt stay here, so can't. We only had a meal.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank A-M M
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband and I stopped at this hotel Easter weekend for three nights, the room was clean and comfortable, with clean bedding and clean towels everyday, the shower was poor but bathroom kept clean,meals were good ,especially the breakfast, the staff were lovely and made us welcome , yes the hotel is need of a little TLC but overall we really enjoyed our stay. The young girls that worked serving the evening meals were so hardworking and polite, we were impressed that they just seemed to get on with things with no pressure from any of the older staff who obviously knew they could manage. Can't help thinking a little money spent on this hotel would make it more desirable.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Visited tonight for first time in a year or so with my husband and daughter of 4 and 1/2. Can't speak of Christine highly enough she was fantastic, so friendly, welcoming and cheery, our daughter loved her and she was so good with her - she is an asset to the hotel - I hope she is appreciated! Beef Burger & chicken nuggets were good and scott (the chef) the veg curry was delicious only negative was Brie starter needed a bit more flavour but for £10.95 for 2 courses was very good.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We visited once in passing and now are becoming regulars to this friendly and cosy place for dinner. Very well prepared and presented with beautifully cooked vegetables. Staff were friendly and efficient never allowing our glasses to run dry. Highly recommended for good quality dining at a very reasonable cost.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Garry L
Reviewed 13 October 2013

after a nice walk around Rogie fall, my wife and I decided to go for a nice country pub lunch. so we thought that conon bridge would be the one....... how wrong we were. the most taste less food ever came across. the beef was sliced cold and reheated, the so called gravy was only water and some kind of thickening agent. the frozen vegetables were translucent and taste less, the roast potatoes i would have called them yesterdays deep fried potatoes and then the home made yorkshire pudding did not rise it was more like a pancake.
a pint, a coke and the meal was £26, which is a disgrace when the food does not stand to the price expectation.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ritchie D
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed at conon bridge hotel on june 7th & 8th 2013 , we used the hotel as a base to enable us to ride on the very picturesque highland
railway , from Dingwall to the Kyle of Lochalsh, and then the service bus from Lochalsh to Portree on Skye and back again. The hotel was charming,set in a beautiful village next to a large river.The staff were very friendly, the decor and furnishings were quaint and and gave this old hotel its charming atmosphere. The food was excellent, with a full traditional scottish breakfast , which my wife & thoroughly enjoyed,, because we were just B & B we had to pay for the evening meal , but these were excellent and exceptional value, highly recommended.
We cant thank the hotel & staff enough for making our stay so pleasureable, and highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay.
Bob & Jeanette , Darvel, East Ayrshire.

• Stayed: June 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dingwall
Kinkell House Hotel
Bikers B&B at The Whitehouse
The Waverley Inn
The Waverley Inn
#6 of 16 in Dingwall

Been to Conon Bridge Hotel? Share your experiences!