“Decent pub food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Decent pub food”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I went here with two friends on a Friday night. We reserved a table but didn't really need to. I had the scampi which was decent enough though we'd gone back I would have ordered something else. Both my friends ordered from the specials board, ravioli and a lamb burger and they enjoyed their meal more than I did. So I would suggest that the specials are possibly your best bet. Friendly staff, fair prices and we found a parking space right outside.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Jenny S

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Huge portions of great food”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived just at the end of service, but were seated and given menus. Our orders were taken quickly - I had chicken breast, stuffed with Stornoway Black Pudding, wrapped in bacon, with a whisky sauce, served with Haggis mash and vegetables. The food was beautifully cooked and presented, my only problem was there was so much that I couldn't finish! My partner had hte Pork Loin with Haggis - it arrived with two large lean pieces of loin sandwiching the haggis, and according to him, was also delicious. We were only disappointed that we did not have room for dessert (despite being late, we were given all the time in the world to order and enjoy our meal).

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Claire V
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Food”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Quick service and good pub grub. Varied menu so spoilt for choice, best curry my husband has eaten in ages

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Linda S
Santa Monica, California
“Food and service great as usual”
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

We don't come here too often but when we do it is always good. The staff are friendly, portions huge, and the menu is a nice mix of bar favourites and meals with an interesting twist.

1 Thank multitrips
Dunoon
“Fab pub grub”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Pub grub, in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Family friendly and reasonably priced!
There were 8 of us who booked at last minute, nothing was too much trouble.

Visited October 2013