“One of our favourite meals of our trip!”

Malpeque Oyster Barn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Malpeque
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located right on the Malpeque Harbour, the Malpeque Oyster Barn is a seasonal family run resturant serving fresh locally sourced island products and seafood. We specialize in shellfish, and offer a variety of local ales and wines to go with your meal. Come check us out, but be sure to book a reservation! Closing for the season on September 10 th.from September 1st hours will be limited to 4pm until 9 pm
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We brought our family here for lunch. Our service was excellent, and made us feel right at home. We tried the Po Boy which was incredible, and a selection of small and large oysters. The oysters were amazingly fresh, and the sauces made the meal a great experience. It was very cool to see the fishing boats coming in and unloading their catch before and after our meal. We indulged in a few more of the Gahan Blueberry Ale which is not to be missed. Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 15 June 2018

Drove to have malpeque oysters in their home town, they were okay but no better than what I get in Toronto. Chowder was thin and watery, fish taco small and cold.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

I have had these oysters half way across the planet so naturally when I last visited PEI I had to get some Malpeque oysters from the source. The oysters tasted delicious and fresh as usual. On top of that my meal was tasty and filling. Darn good food!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I love oysters but have not had them in some time, so I was looking forward to going out of my way to visit Malpeque Bay and sampling its world famous seafood.

With a little help from my GPS we found the Malpeque Oyster Barn directly on the wharf, can't get any more authentic than that. As you would expect the oysters were fresh and sweet, top-notch in my opinion and they offer to prepare them in a variety of ways.

My only complaint is that the restaurant is tiny and during the tourism season there are lots of tourists that are just as driven as I am. It would be great it there was some outdoor seating, but since the restaurant is on a second floor access is limited.
We were lucky to get seating but others were turned away. Probably no more than ten tables in all and only half will seat four.

So bring your appetite, and extra time if you need to wait a bit.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

We enjoyed a casual seafood meal here in August. There is not a lot of choice in the area and this place was crazy busy (I think it seats less than 30). Fish & chips, burgers, mussels, oysters. All very tasty but nothing special.