We stopped in Guadeloupe for the night enroute to our final destination in St. Lucia. Searching around on TripAdvisor we struggled to find anywhere decent to stay that would let us book a single night - thankyou to the Auberge for looking after us!
We arrived at night after our flight was delayed by a couple of hours and this meant that the kitchen's had closed and we were unable to get a bite to eat, although there was a bar of chocolate in the mini bar - but you know how expensive mini bats are!
The room was very pleasant, if dated in style, with a very comfortable bed. The bathroom was ok, but the shower was one of those ones that floods the floor.
Breakfast was a small, but very nice buffet... And I'm afraid that's all I can tell you as we left early on a tour of the island (well we were only there for the day and wanted to get a look around some of the sights!).
The hotel set us up with a great driver for the day, Allain. He took us around the north of Basse Terre and introduced us to some great little villages and beautiful spots in the National Park.
Auberge is definitely worth a short stay, but we decided that if we were to return to Guadeloupe we'd rather find a self catering villa and get a hire car.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L auberge de la vieille tour, facing the turquoise sea with a view panoramique, an exceptionnal elegant building of colonial architecture and style, a reminder of the charms of another timeA perfect scenery for your next business trip or an exotic and authentic vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Auberge de la Vieille Tour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Hotel Gosier
- Auberge De La Vieille Tour Guadeloupe/Le Gosier