So much untapped potential!
Lovely view, nice, well kept grounds with rare wild life. In general personel were very pleasent and helpful and gave us a warm welcome. But the place is let down by shabby, ageing constructions, poor facilities and equipment. Our room had a very comfortable bed, but deco was awful, excerbated by deplorable bathroom. The general disposition of the hotel is very challenging for the unfit being on a steep hillside with a multitude of steps to get from A to B. Breakfast is good and made even better if you manage to wrest away a table from Air France flight crews who had a tendancy to hog the terrace while we were there. The diner menu is very restrained offering very little choice. There is no way that the price ($240) for a night can be justified, nor the 4 star rating. A real shame as Guadeloupe merits much better than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L auberge de la vieille tour, facing the turquoise sea with a view panoramique, an exceptionnal elegant building of colonial architecture and style, a reminder of the charms of another timeA perfect scenery for your next business trip or an exotic and authentic vacation ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Auberge de la Vieille Tour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mgallery Auberge De La Vielle Tour Hotel Gosier
- Auberge De La Vieille Tour Guadeloupe/Le Gosier