I stayed at the Canella residence for about a month.
The receptionists were welcoming, helpful and friendly. Especially Livio who is a ray of sunshine.
Admittedly, the hotel first gave off a weird impression: it seemed a bit out of date, somber and very quiet. Having looked around at other neighboring hotels and sites of Guadeloupe, I came to realize that Canella was actually in a pretty good state.
The included breakfast was surprisingly good: croissants, pains au chocolat, scrabbled eggs, cereal, yoghurts, toast, nice traditional jams (coconut, passion fruit, etc).. the bacon and sausages were not to my liking (a bit fatty and greasy). The restaurant looks onto the sea.
I did not eat at the restaurant at lunch time nor dinner because of the high price of the food. However, a lot of clients dined there and told me they enjoyed their meals.
Having free access to the pool and a private beach was very nice. The pool sometimes was a bit unclean, and the jacuzzi next to it didn't work to its full potential. The beach are is nice, and in the afternoon they play music by the deck chairs, a little touch I particularly appreciates. The bar has a nice selection of cocktails (a bit expensive but you won't find a lower prices in touristic areas of Guadeloupe).
My room was good - nice double bed, plenty of space in the room, a large balcony with a kitchenette which was very practical. The bathroom was in good shape too.
The hotel really grew on me during my stay, at first I was a bit apprehensive as I expected a bit more from a 3*. But once I got used to things in Guadeloupe I enjoyed spending time at the hotel, on the beach, at the bar and in my room.
There is a market every Tuesday evening at the restaurant area which is really worth a visit. Especially the rum stand from which I bought 5 bottles!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Canella Beach Hotel is located in Gosier, at the tip of “Pointe de la Verdure”, on a white, sandy beach, surrounded by lush tropical gardens.Located 5 miles from the capital city of Pointe-a-Pitre and 8 miles from the airport POLE CARAIBES, Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant will offer you a perfect change of scenery.It is within walking distance of hotels, restaurants, shops, a movie theatre and a casino.The architecture of “Creole” inspiration and the colourful tropical decor of the hotel will be a welcome and relaxing change of scenery. The Canella Beach offers all the amenities of a traditional 3 stars hotel while giving you the independence of an apartment hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel-Residence Canella Beach Hotel Gosier
- Residence Canella Beach Gosier
- Canella Beach Hotel-Restaurant Guadeloupe/Le Gosier